Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave up on USBank

tag
kr43002
Frequent Contributor

Gave up on USBank

So when I first opened my account with USBank I deposited a check, no hold was placed until the next day which lead to 5 overdraft fees. had to fight tooth and nail to get them removed.

Whatever water under the bridge.

I needed to make a payment towards my credit card before it reported, i didnt want to deal with their account linking because Id rather not. So i wrote a check to myself (done so many times without any hiccup) to make a payment towards my credit card. Funny enough couldnt deposit a check greater than $200 on the mobile version so $200 would have to do. so I did. checked my account an hour later and cant log in, says my account has been disabled and to call a number. So i call the number and got transfered multiple times. ended up at the fraud liaison center, and if I was transfered there at the start of the call it would have been open. Not by the time I played phone tag for half an hour going to 6 different agents. Called in the next morning and was told I would need to reach out to my local branch. Called my local branch and was told I need to call the fraud liason center. WHAT IN THE WORLD, anyway i told them no i was told to call you. they then put my on hold for 16 minutes and came back and said there is a hold on your account due to suspition of fraud. The hold wont be lifted until november 3rd. At that point I had enough and closed my credit card with them, was going to close the checking account but they said i had to wait until the account hold was lifted. So i called navy and told them to put a stop payment on the check, and I am sure there is going to be some fee accessed with the check bouncing but at this point i don't care. US Bank can kiss it

BK CH7 1/21 DC 5/21
1+ Year Post BK
Credit Limit: 6000
EDC: QuickSilver 1 1.5% $39 AF
Oldest Account: Tire Card $500 0% APR 6 Months After purchase. 2018. (Survived Bankruptcy)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

Re: Gave up on USBank

Why would you even bother with checks, when you have Zelle? I have US bank and they have been nothing but good to me. $18k CL CC and easy checking account with no fees due that CC, otherwise I would be hell no to the $14.95 monthly checking fee

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@kr43002 wrote:

So when I first opened my account with USBank I deposited a check, no hold was placed until the next day which lead to 5 overdraft fees. had to fight tooth and nail to get them removed.

Whatever water under the bridge.

I needed to make a payment towards my credit card before it reported, i didnt want to deal with their account linking because Id rather not. So i wrote a check to myself (done so many times without any hiccup) to make a payment towards my credit card. Funny enough couldnt deposit a check greater than $200 on the mobile version so $200 would have to do. so I did. checked my account an hour later and cant log in, says my account has been disabled and to call a number. So i call the number and got transfered multiple times. ended up at the fraud liaison center, and if I was transfered there at the start of the call it would have been open. Not by the time I played phone tag for half an hour going to 6 different agents. Called in the next morning and was told I would need to reach out to my local branch. Called my local branch and was told I need to call the fraud liason center. WHAT IN THE WORLD, anyway i told them no i was told to call you. they then put my on hold for 16 minutes and came back and said there is a hold on your account due to suspition of fraud. The hold wont be lifted until november 3rd. At that point I had enough and closed my credit card with them, was going to close the checking account but they said i had to wait until the account hold was lifted. So i called navy and told them to put a stop payment on the check, and I am sure there is going to be some fee accessed with the check bouncing but at this point i don't care. US Bank can kiss it

Well, you did write a check to yourself, so I'm not sure what's so puzzling about hold being placed.

Hold is placed immediately unless it's account to account transfer within same institution. 

If you're writing checks to yourself or using checks issued from non US Bank account, you can expect a hold. 

I'm fairly curious as to "fighting" them. Again, hold was to be expected.

Your ability to only deposit $200 via mobile app is directly tied in with your banking/credit history.

If youve ever bounced a check, if you overused overdraft feature, overdrafted and abandoned DDA, they would have that information from two sources, EWS in real time and Chexs (they typically don't pull Chex but can in special circumstances). 

You had the option to link account and avoid all this, but as you stated "didn't want to for whatever reason"  

I find that part very puzzling. You're not willing to give them account to take payment from but are willing to fight them on overdraft fees that are described in the forms you signed either electronically or in person. Go look at them, it's spelled out. 

But, that's water under the bridge, you closed the account and you closed their card that had future while keeping FP, Fingerhut, and Mission Lane. 

That's not how successful rebuild is supposed to work. You're just a few months out of BK, you really should try not making emotional and misplaced anger driven decisions. You're only harming yourself. 

But, if closing a great card and the account made you happy, that's all that matters. 

Also, that last part in your post "and I am sure there is going to be some fee accessed with the check bouncing but at this point i don't care. US Bank can kiss it" ..I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this but NFCU also participates in EWS. So, you might want to stop and start thinking about how you're approaching these accounts while you still have them. 

Life gets exponentially hard once banks and CUs decide you aren't the consumer they they should be doing business with. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry you are having so many challenges with banking! One needs to remember that the person that has the gold rules (the bank).

For you to successfully navigate banking it works best to work the bank's systems as they are setup. Posters upthread said it all. You are your own worst enemy on this matter.

Sit back, absorb what has been set forth, and then follow what it takes to use your accounts the way the banks set it up (note not all do it the same - likely you knew this).

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.