cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hd tv

iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


I ended up doing the 65" GX (77" would look just too awkward in the space I have for a TV) and also have been satisfied. I'm not using the flush mount that's included, though...my previous in-wall setup included a few flanges that makes true flush mount require me getting a contractor back in to redo the setup. That can wait a bit.

Message 11 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator

Re: Hd tv


@iced wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


I ended up doing the 65" GX (77" would look just too awkward in the space I have for a TV) and also have been satisfied. I'm not using the flush mount that's included, though...my previous in-wall setup included a few flanges that makes true flush mount require me getting a contractor back in to redo the setup. That can wait a bit.


Very nice TV as well!  Ya had mine all done by installers and ran all new high end 2.1 cables (not cheap!) for all 4 hdmi slots.  Also got an awesome soundbar/sub up their imho with sonos, but went with definitive technologies.. Amazing sound as well the whole experience is amazing vs. old tv and old sound system 

 

Bet you love your TV!  only thing I am a bit worried about is burn-in, but believe you got to be watching news networks for LONG periods of time over days and days and higher brightness for that to happen so turned down some of stuff to avoid that.  Although not going to let context dictate what i will watch if I gotta get a new one in 2-3 years that is the cost of enjoymentSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 28
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@iced wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


I ended up doing the 65" GX (77" would look just too awkward in the space I have for a TV) and also have been satisfied. I'm not using the flush mount that's included, though...my previous in-wall setup included a few flanges that makes true flush mount require me getting a contractor back in to redo the setup. That can wait a bit.


Very nice TV as well!  Ya had mine all done by installers and ran all new high end 2.1 cables (not cheap!) for all 4 hdmi slots.  Also got an awesome soundbar/sub up their imho with sonos, but went with definitive technologies.. Amazing sound as well the whole experience is amazing vs. old tv and old sound system 

 

Bet you love your TV!  only thing I am a bit worried about is burn-in, but believe you got to be watching news networks for LONG periods of time over days and days and higher brightness for that to happen so turned down some of stuff to avoid that.  Although not going to let context dictate what i will watch if I gotta get a new one in 2-3 years that is the cost of enjoymentSmiley Happy


Our TV sees maybe a few hours per day of use, so not too worried about burn-in. Mostly toddler programming in the day and maybe a little bit of PS5 time after everyone else's gone to bed. My plan is that it lasts 8-10 years; I'm not playing the disposable consumer electronics game. Considering the TV it replaced was a literal throw-in with our home, it's an upgrade (though the old TV was nice) and my first TV purchase since 2012.

 

Still using our 5 year old Bose Soundtouch 300 (and sub) with it. Works well enough, and I don't plan to replace any time soon.

Message 13 of 28
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?

Man I've been eyeing that CX 77 ALL year. Now it's down to $3250 at Best Buy and I am itching to pull the trigger, but the Mrs. ain't having any of it. Just had to replace a tankless water heater, got all new networking equipment and a pair of new Macs. Probably going to be another year of "suffering" with the X900F. Please enjoy that beautiful beast for me!


Message 14 of 28
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you


In that size there isn't much that's very good but the Samsung 43" Q60T is pretty decent and less than $600. The big issue is that these smaller TVs don't have local dimming so they're pretty garbage for HDR. 


Yeah. Only one I can think of was the Q60 since it's one of the few QLEDs at that size.

 

I'd recommend LG's OLEDs (CX/GX), but they meet neither the OP's size nor budget requirements.


Yeah that 48" CX is nice but $1500 is 😬 


 

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


That's definitely a nice TV. 

Burn in is the only reason I won't go OLED. Waiting for micro LED panels or until my X900F dies, whichever comes first, before my next upgrade. 



Message 15 of 28
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@Schwartzinator wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?

Man I've been eyeing that CX 77 ALL year. Now it's down to $3250 at Best Buy and I am itching to pull the trigger, but the Mrs. ain't having any of it. Just had to replace a tankless water heater, got all new networking equipment and a pair of new Macs. Probably going to be another year of "suffering" with the X900F. Please enjoy that beautiful beast for me!


There are worse TVs to be stuck with for sure. The only things I don't like about mine are the bloom with subtitles, the processor is super slow, and only 2 full bandwidth ports for 4 full bandwidth devices. I have a Shield TV so the TV processor is only relevant after the first minute or so of booting the thing before I can use the menu and I just have some cheap HDMI extenders for switching between devices so I don't wear out the ports. 



Message 16 of 28
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@iced wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


I ended up doing the 65" GX (77" would look just too awkward in the space I have for a TV) and also have been satisfied. I'm not using the flush mount that's included, though...my previous in-wall setup included a few flanges that makes true flush mount require me getting a contractor back in to redo the setup. That can wait a bit.


Very nice TV as well!  Ya had mine all done by installers and ran all new high end 2.1 cables (not cheap!) for all 4 hdmi slots.  Also got an awesome soundbar/sub up their imho with sonos, but went with definitive technologies.. Amazing sound as well the whole experience is amazing vs. old tv and old sound system 

 

Bet you love your TV!  only thing I am a bit worried about is burn-in, but believe you got to be watching news networks for LONG periods of time over days and days and higher brightness for that to happen so turned down some of stuff to avoid that.  Although not going to let context dictate what i will watch if I gotta get a new one in 2-3 years that is the cost of enjoymentSmiley Happy


While we're on the subject, which HDMI cables did you go with? I'm limping along on the existing wiring but it's not the 48 Gbps stuff so I'm handicapping my picture quality at the moment. Need 10' lengths and will run through conduit, which seems to rule out the Zeskit since they're only in-wall certified on their 16' lengths. Looking at Pacroban since they do seem to have a CL3 rated wire at 10', though there seems to be a lot less review/feedback on how well they work out there. I'm also concerned they're a bit on the thick side; however, it doesn't seem there's much out there for the fiber HDMI under 25' so I'm in a bit of a void.

 

What did you end up using for your in-wall runs (assuming you did in-wall)?

Message 17 of 28
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@Saeren wrote:

There are worse TVs to be stuck with for sure. The only things I don't like about mine are the bloom with subtitles, the processor is super slow, and only 2 full bandwidth ports for 4 full bandwidth devices. I have a Shield TV so the TV processor is only relevant after the first minute or so of booting the thing before I can use the menu and I just have some cheap HDMI extenders for switching between devices so I don't wear out the ports. 

I've got the same complaints minus the slowness. TV has been very zippy browsing through menus and apps. There are odd occasions where certain apps lag (looking at you Disney+) but it's nowhere near consistent enough to be a fair complaint. Would love a couple extra full bandwidth ports, but at this point the only things connected are an Xbox Series X and a PS4 Pro which run through the hub on the soundbar anyway. 


Message 18 of 28
razzy116
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@iced wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

@razzy116 wrote:

Size 42" 46". Thank you


In that size there isn't much that's very good but the Samsung 43" Q60T is pretty decent and less than $600. The big issue is that these smaller TVs don't have local dimming so they're pretty garbage for HDR. 


Yeah. Only one I can think of was the Q60 since it's one of the few QLEDs at that size.

 

I'd recommend LG's OLEDs (CX/GX), but they meet neither the OP's size nor budget requirements.


Yeah that 48" CX is nice but $1500 is 😬 


 

Just got the 77 inch LG OLED CX installed last week and I am in heaven Smiley Happy.   all 2.1 hdmi.  Costly for sure, but a saying you get what you pay for and certainly is true with 4k picture on oled panel.

 

To OP's poiint goto rtings.com and do soe research should finid yourself a good tv there.  Somethinig lke a sony 900h series or simiiliar?


I went to ratings.com, it did"nt come up.Thank you and be safe.

Message 19 of 28
Saeren
Mega Contributor

Re: Hd tv


@Schwartzinator wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

There are worse TVs to be stuck with for sure. The only things I don't like about mine are the bloom with subtitles, the processor is super slow, and only 2 full bandwidth ports for 4 full bandwidth devices. I have a Shield TV so the TV processor is only relevant after the first minute or so of booting the thing before I can use the menu and I just have some cheap HDMI extenders for switching between devices so I don't wear out the ports. 

I've got the same complaints minus the slowness. TV has been very zippy browsing through menus and apps. There are odd occasions where certain apps lag (looking at you Disney+) but it's nowhere near consistent enough to be a fair complaint. Would love a couple extra full bandwidth ports, but at this point the only things connected are an Xbox Series X and a PS4 Pro which run through the hub on the soundbar anyway. 


If you compared it side by side with a Shield, you would never be able to stand the lag of the UI again lol. 

I have Xbox One X, PS3, PS4 Pro, Switch, Apple TV 4K, Shield, and PC that get connected to the TV. I leave the PC connected to a low bandwidth port since my 780 Ti can't drive more than 1440p/60 anyway, the Switch gets the other one, and Shield gets a full bandwidth port. All the other devices share the other port that has the extender attached to it. 

I thought about buying an HDMI switch but there are very few with HDR pass through and they're a lot more expensive than replacing cables. 



Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.