Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Got any Good Punch Recipes?

tag
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Help! Got any Good Punch Recipes?

Family friend is getting married soon, I have been assigned Punch. (I guess no one likes my cooking!)lol!

I have never made punch in my life, except back in my college days, not the kind we can take into the Church reception hall.

When I google punch recipes, of course I get thousands, but I thought some of the members here might have a recipe that is tried and tasted, so I know it will be delicious.

Wedding colors are burgandy. 

Thanks in advance!

demi
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Got any Good Punch Recipes?

I am not much of a punch person, but a few years ago we thru a huge Christmas party, and had both leaded and unleaded.  I think I got both recipes off of Martha Stewarts site...the leaded I know for sure was hers, and was great (had southern comfort, shudder to think of actually drinking it, but it was great).  I would do a search on her site and see what she has.  I would (just my personal opinion) try to stay away from the ice cream ones - icky, messy.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I was going to suggest an ice cream one. Smiley Indifferent

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
demi
Established Contributor

Hey Byrdman, remember I said I wasn't much of a punch fan Smiley Wink

I do love to cook...and entertain.  But, when I do a punch, it tends, uh, to be one of the  "non church hall" varieties !  I have a great recipe for something called Don Juans, a lot like a Margarita, has a ton of alchohol.  Only problem is they taste soooo good I have had devote tea totalers drinking it not knowing it was completely loaded.  Pretty much stopped serving it.

The ice cream/sherbert ones do seem to be popular...but they just strike me as very messy.  If you want something burgandy, maybe something with Pomegranite juice?  I would worry about staining though...

Message Edited by demi on 01-13-2009 09:06 PM

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got a recipe from a friend that was made over the holidays and I can't find the recipe, waiting on our friend to get it to us again.

I remember it had sherbert, 7 up, and orange juice. It was really good.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 01-14-2009 07:55 AM
Message 5 of 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Creamy Punch

1 2liter gingerale

1 2liter sprite

1/2 gallon orange sherbet

Orange slices

Stump Pullers

1 12 ozCan Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade Concentrate

1 Can Beer (not dark)

1 Can Vodka (Use empty lemonade can)

1 Can Sprite or Gingerale ~ 12 ounces

Absolutely delicious!!!!!!!

Message Edited by fishbjc on 01-14-2009 11:04 AM
Message 6 of 9
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone- keep the recipes coming! 

Perhaps we could have two punch bowls! Stump Pullers sounds tasty, but we would have to find a good hiding place for punchbowl #2.

OH MY, I just got a mental picture of all the little southern ladies who attend every shower, wedding, reception, and funeral at our church. They are so sweet! What if they got into the WRONG punch? I can see them helping the groundskeeper by attaching the bumpers of their Buicks to the stumps in the cemetery, then stomping on the gas! Stump Pullers!!!

Of course I am related to most of them!  UGH OH! That means one day, I will be THAT little southern lady I just saw in my mind finding punchbowl #2, then grooming the cemetery! LOL!

Senior Contributor

I do have a recipe for Wedding Punch, I'll look around for it.

To dilute the stump pullers, just add more gingerale...but why ruin a good punch?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Body shot

Body shot

Uppercut

Cross

I love that one!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.