Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It’s been a good year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s been a good year

I just wanted to thank everyone who shared their information and helped.
I decided I will not apply for anything is 2020 and just garden for the whole year.
My current cards:
BOA cash rewards
Discover
Barclay Uber
Barclay Apple
Synchrony Care Credit
I am waiting for Barclay Apple to be closed by bank but for now it’s in the sock drawer.
I am going to try to pay off my car loan ($15000 remaining) in 2020, have CLI on BOA and Discover and just not apply for any new credit. At this point I am good with what I have.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: It’s been a good year

Good for you!  Enjoy the Garden and stay strong Smiley Tongue

One thing about the Barclay Apple -- don't let it be shut down by the credit issuer.  Either keep it alive or close it yourself.   While the only difference is a notation that the account was either 'closed at consumer request' or 'closed by credit grantor / issuer',   there was a forum member that posted about a week ago about being denied credit and the reason was an account that was closed a few years ago with the 'closed by credit grantor / issuer' notation.    Their account was closed for inactivity - no negative account management - but it still affected their ability to get credit down the road.   So... that was the first I had ever heard of being denied for that reason,  but seems it's something to consider and avoid, if possible.    I'll post the link here to that thread if I can find it.    

Anyway -- Happy New Year and Cheers to a healthy & prosporous 2020!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 3
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: It’s been a good year

Here it is...  And, funny enough,  it was an Apple card denial.   The post was merged with another thread about being denied for the apple card.. so it's long.  

The relevant post is Message 212 of 228 : https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Apple-Card-denied-DPs/m-p/5843919/highligh...

So, take from that what you will... 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.