cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nerdwallet Rewards: buy through us! (Wt....?)

tag
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Nerdwallet Rewards: buy through us! (Wt....?)

I dare ask.... has anyone tried/done the Nerdwallet Rewards thing? Reviews? Pros? Cons?

For those who are unaware, this (ahem) "opportunity" seems to offer discounts on stuff purchased via Nerdwallet. Looks like you hook up a card and go... my biggest problem is that (at least on mobile) it doesn't appear that you can see products, levels, discounts WITHOUT hooking up said card.

Thanks for any intel.

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Re: Nerdwallet Rewards: buy through us! (Wt....?)

I don't know anything about it, but I know that when pretty much anything in life seems too good to be true....

I doubt NerdWallet is offering this service purely out of the kindness of their hearts. Obviously there's something in it for them. So you have to figure out if what's in it for them is ultimately going to be costly for you. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't... but I do know that if this were simply a sweet rewards program with no catch, a lot more people would be talking about it.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 2 of 3
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Re: Nerdwallet Rewards: buy through us! (Wt....?)

Oh, I hear you...  but there ARE those services out there that say something like "Hey-- the company offered us 6% commission, so we'll split it with you." 

Otherwise, I don't doubt there's an advantage for them at all.  My question is, has anyone done it and what do those 'shares' (Discounts) look like?  

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.