Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CSP Card Design

tag
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

New CSP Card Design

Got my new CSP yesterday and today thought it looked a little different so pulled out the old one and sure enough:

-Design has change -Layout of words and Chase logo

-Color is a bit flatter, more blue and less purple  (but very hard to tell unless cards are side-by-side)

Quick phone pics aren't great but ...

New card:

New CSP designNew CSP design

OLD design:

OLD CSP DesignOLD CSP Design

||
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New CSP Card Design

I think they did the minor redesign with all their cards that they now offer as contactless. Omission of Chase text, only a logo in its place.

CSR, CFU, and CF likewise have undergone slight changes in appearance.
Message 2 of 16
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think they did the minor redesign with all their cards that they now offer as contactless. Omission of Chase text, only a logo in its place.

CSR, CFU, and CF likewise have undergone slight changes in appearance.

AH, i had not seen any of their changes, even with internet searches.   and, HA!!  Correct:  YES it is contactless, I didn't notice that until you pointed it out!!  groovy.

||
Message 3 of 16
DU556
Regular Contributor

With all these contactless cards coming out, a new wallet with RF blocking tech might be needed.
Message 4 of 16
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

I was at the bank on Wednesday and noticed that as well. Even the Slate cards are slightly changed to where the card name will be on the upper left corner. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Has anyone noticed that the CSP card design has changed..???! I recently received mine through the mail and I noticed that they removed the word “Chase”. The card itself looks the same but its now called Sapphire Preferred with the logo before the word “Sapphire”. The “Chase” word is missing.
Message 6 of 16
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

This is part of Chase’s new branding strategy, relying on the logo without the name.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

Yup. If I’m correct, I believe this design is rolling out with the contactless. When I first heard of the design change I attempted to have another card sent to me. It was the old design. I then attempted to get a contactless version, and lo and behold, it was the new design. I’m really liking it. Love the lighter hue of the blue as well.
Message 8 of 16
fritscher
Regular Contributor

Chase Saphire Preferred metal too

Got my new Chase Saphire Preferred and a nice surprise. It is metal
Message 9 of 16
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Saphire Preferred metal too

Ever since I've known about the card, it's been metal. At least 5 yrs since we got ours.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.