Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: W0W! Forum Decor Change

This reminds me of the time I asked out a model and our first date involved a swimming pool and the total removal of all her makeup and me running for the hills.

I hope I adjust better this time.

Message 21 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is so huge o.o

Message 22 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Forums Experience Coming Soon!

@Anonymous wrote:

I see the update was rolled out!  Mobile is a million times better, and navigation on it is great.  In regards to the desktop version, I think the notifications and inbox icon at the top are much better placed now, my only big critiques are that I instantly thought my browser was zoomed in 125% when I loaded a thread and the desktop version feels a little too much like a mobile site.  I'm thinking this is because of the plethora of white space on each side that feels like a lot of wasted space.  Maybe increasing the width of the thread boxes would help with this?  I may be crazy, but I feel like the font was smaller or something was different that allowed more of a page to be displayed without scrolling.  With change there's always going to be growing pains, and I love the mobile version, I just think the desktop site feels underpowered.

Update:  80% zoom on desktop is a much more "natural" display to me

I agree the extreme white space is overwhelming. I too zoomed out, it helped but not much. I hope peeps in charge will read this and tone down the white a bit, maybe give us some contrast between post and border space.

Message 23 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hard white is going to be rough for midnight browsing.  I posted my initial impressions here detailing what I liked and where I thought there was room for improvement. Tl;dr desktop scaling is an overzoomed mobile version.  Maybe one of the mods can Merge all of our posts into an "official" forums update feedback thread?  I'm not sure how to tag a mod in this.

Edit: Thread has been merged.  Thank you UncleB

Message 24 of 155
Kree
Established Contributor

New Board Layout

This new board layout hurts my eyes.  Please offer a legacy mode. Or atleast an option to change the text size, and color scheme.

Thanks,

Message 25 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I see the update was rolled out!  Mobile is a million times better, and navigation on it is great.  In regards to the desktop version, I think the notifications and inbox icon at the top are much better placed now, my only big critiques are that I instantly thought my browser was zoomed in 125% when I loaded a thread and the desktop version feels a little too much like a mobile site.  I'm thinking this is because of the plethora of white space on each side that feels like a lot of wasted space.  Maybe increasing the width of the thread boxes would help with this?  I may be crazy, but I feel like the font was smaller or something was different that allowed more of a page to be displayed without scrolling.  With change there's always going to be growing pains, and I love the mobile version, I just think the desktop site feels underpowered.

Update:  80% zoom on desktop is a much more "natural" display to me

I agree the extreme white space is overwhelming. I too zoomed out, it helped but not much. I hope peeps in charge will read this and tone down the white a bit, maybe give us some contrast between post and border space.

Glad my sentiments are shared by others.  Soften the white for the sake of our eyes, rescale the threads to a wider, smaller font box, and the desktop site will be awesome.  I also wish they would bring back the user details under their avatar, such as post count and age.

Message 26 of 155
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Lovin' the new look!

Message 27 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please give us options to change colors, the white is like staring at the google homepage constantly.

Nice layout, good functionality, but my eyes are already hurting x.x

Like a template, give me some dark grays to work with or something. 

Message 28 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Please give us options to change colors, the white is like staring at the google homepage constantly.

Nice layout, good functionality, but my eyes are already hurting x.x

Like a template, give me some dark grays to work with or something. 

Accurate comparison.  I agree that with some template options a lot of the eye pain could be alleviated
Message 29 of 155
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fixed it.

Message 30 of 155
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.