Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passive Income

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Passive Income

Anyone here either create their own, or jump on something that is already in motion that's able to create Passive Income?

I've been looking at peer-to-peer lending, since I really have NO desire to create websites and search keywords, etc.

Any other ideas of passive income (Also learning forex trading through babypips and Infinit Prosperity)

Book suggestions (part of my 2014 and beyond plan - do more reading on anything)?

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Passive Income

Passive income is the way to go. Definitely pursue it in some form or another, whether by a large business or building a biz system or market, or through investments. There are some great podcasts out there like Entrepreneur on Fire or Smart Passive Income. IMO, the best thing you can do is find those who are able to do it and hang out with them. You become who you associate with.

Forex can be very risky if you don't know what you are doing. I lost a lot. Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

Hedge Funds.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Passive income is the way to go. Definitely pursue it in some form or another, whether by a large business or building a biz system or market, or through investments. There are some great podcasts out there like Entrepreneur on Fire or Smart Passive Income. IMO, the best thing you can do is find those who are able to do it and hang out with them. You become who you associate with.

Forex can be very risky if you don't know what you are doing. I lost a lot. Smiley Sad

Thanks for the insight!

As for forex, I have NO plans to open an active account any time soon.  Will be taking the full course from both babypips and IP, and then trade a demo account for at least one year.

My mind set is not to look for "get rick quick" - I just don't think those are cards that have been dealt to me. I just want to generate many small lines of passive income, which is something I think I can do.

As for podcast, I'm not familar w/ them. Have never inquired about them. Which platform would I use/search to find the two above you suggested?

Message 4 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Hedge Funds.  Smiley Wink

Any suggested sites/reading material to start learning the basics and see if it's something I'd be interested in?

Message 5 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

http://www.risk.net/hedge-funds-review

Good general site to start.  My recommendations is to start reading and familiarizing yourself with the risks associated with the potential rewards.  If it's something right for you, then you can do some micro research to find a suitable fund as a starting point.

Also, don't think of Hedge Funds as only for the rich.  In today's word, it's a potential portion of any person's overall investment portfolio.

Message 6 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

http://www.risk.net/hedge-funds-review

Good general site to start.  My recommendations is to start reading and familiarizing yourself with the risks associated with the potential rewards.  If it's something right for you, then you can do some micro research to find a suitable fund as a starting point.

Also, don't think of Hedge Funds as only for the rich.  In today's word, it's a potential portion of any person's overall investment portfolio.

Thanks for the info!

Message 7 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Repo-ed wrote:

As for podcast, I'm not familar w/ them. Have never inquired about them. Which platform would I use/search to find the two above you suggested?

You can subscribe via iTunes or even an RSS feed. Or go directly to their site via here and here for SPI and EOFire respectively. And these aren't the only podcasts out there. There are other greats, but these two are my favs. SPI is more towards a passive income mindset via podcasting, ebooks, teaching and training systems, etc. EOFire deals with everything from A to Z and the podcast is daily too.

Passive income is the way to go and most of mine since High School was through passive income. I still get paid on work I did over a decade ago. 

Message 8 of 22
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

You can subscribe via iTunes or even an RSS feed. Or go directly to their site via here and here for SPI and EOFire respectively. And these aren't the only podcasts out there. There are other greats, but these two are my favs. SPI is more towards a passive income mindset via podcasting, ebooks, teaching and training systems, etc. EOFire deals with everything from A to Z and the podcast is daily too.

Passive income is the way to go and most of mine since High School was through passive income. I still get paid on work I did over a decade ago. 

Fantastic

Message 9 of 22
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

Social media is a mecca  for passive income.  Youtube and Facebook fanpages are 2 of my favorites.  Create a channel or fanpage with interesting content and you can even pay someone from odesk a nominal amount to maintain the content, moderate comments once it picks up some steam/gains viewership.

lending club also comes to mind for peer-to-peer lending.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.