Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Car(s) - Part II

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Project Car(s) - Part II

Need new wheels for the LS. Not sure what to get. Not sure if I want to go cheap for now until the body and paint get done, or buy something expensive and look stupid in a beater with wheels that cost more than the car. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Project Car(s) - Part II

Got my new wheels on. Coilovers are on the way. After that it's bodywork and aero. Think I'm gonna go with Aimgain. http://www.aimgain.net/english/bodykit/ls/jun_vip/ls460_600h_mc.html

PhotoGrid_Plus_1628394389631.jpg

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice choice - what's the brand and specs? 

I've been toying with the idea of wheels for my A6. I have the OEM S-Line 19" split 5-spokes now. I love the Rotiform NUE with a concave face and might go that route. Probably won't do anything til late winter or spring and put them on when the weather clears though. Too many other things right now have to come first.

Message 3 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous Niche Form M158 with Toyo Proxes Sport A/S

Front: 20 x 8.5 +35 with 245/40R20

Rear: 20 x 10 +40 with 285/35R20

I'll probably get some custom Rotiform VDA in the future.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good choices. I like the look of the Niches on there. I was surprised a year or so ago to see they were still making wheels. I remember many years ago when they made a lot of VIP style wheels like the Bahn but hadn't heard anything about them for a long time.

I have always loved a clean five spoke design, and the concave faces look great on Audi. Something like this one would be what I would go for.

58FB54EC-9102-4EC8-ABCC-9E3CF0135D1B.jpeg

Message 5 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Yeah, I was pretty surprised they were still around. I would have got the gammas, but like a lot of my first choices they were on backorder. I ended up just getting these for now because I had some air leaks from bent rims and couldn't put it off anymore. Hopefully they'll last for at least a year.

Message 6 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good choices. I like the look of the Niches on there. I was surprised a year or so ago to see they were still making wheels. I remember many years ago when they made a lot of VIP style wheels like the Bahn but hadn't heard anything about them for a long time.

I have always loved a clean five spoke design, and the concave faces look great on Audi. Something like this one would be what I would go for.

58FB54EC-9102-4EC8-ABCC-9E3CF0135D1B.jpeg

Those are nice. Have you thought about work meister? 

ETA: Nevermind, remembered you said you wanted the concave look 

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure you'll have no problem running this set for a year. Gives you all the time you need for your first choice to clear back order.

I like the Work wheels but I think I saw so many of them in my JSpec days that they seem played out in my mind. But also yeah, I do like the concave wheels, and the NUE is such a clean design, it's hard to beat in my mind on this car.

My car is a generation newer than this one and silver, but the overall body lines are similar enough to paint the picture.

C792DC05-AD8D-4D0D-9343-CEBB18056A6A.jpeg

Message 8 of 17
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Not to steal your thunder, but these are my new rims I had put on. I absolutely love them over the clunky OEM set!IMG_0284.jpeg

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Schwartzinator What wheels are those? They remind me of Stern wheels...

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.