cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding USAA Car Insurance vs. Geico (need your help)

tag
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Question regarding USAA Car Insurance vs. Geico (need your help)

Currently with Geico (baited me with low rate then bumped up in 6 months --- is it just me?).  Was anyone experience the same?

Just checked USAA quote and the savings is $140 a month for 3 vehicles I have with Geico.  What's been anyone's experience with USAA in the area of rate changes (Up or Down), claims handling, etc.? 

Or....do you have a better recommendation? 

Any advice or insight is appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding USAA Car Insurance vs. Geico (need your help)

@RickNATL wrote:

Currently with Geico (baited me with low rate then bumped up in 6 months --- is it just me?).  Was anyone experience the same?

Just checked USAA quote and the savings is $140 a month for 3 vehicles I have with Geico.  What's been anyone's experience with USAA in the area of rate changes (Up or Down), claims handling, etc.? 

I've been with USAA for 30 years and never had any ridiculous rate increase for the few minor claims I made.  I also have home, umbrella, and personal property insurance with them as well

Message 2 of 6
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

Hi Rick, so I actually moved from USAA to Geico and it cut my rates in half. I periodically check back with them because I'd love to go back but not for twice the rate. USAA has great service, if you can save money AND be with them, I'd say that's a home run. 

When I was with USAA for about 5-6 years I did experience slight increases but not like GEICO. GEICO definitely has that bait business model but when I call and tell them I'm leaving they usually bring the rate down a bit. I'm currently saving approx 70$/mo with GEICO over USAA. Single guy, no accidents, 2016 vehicle. 

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 3 of 6
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thanks for the feedback....

Message 4 of 6
RickNATL
Established Contributor

Thanks @Patriot36  I have 3 cars...one antique type (1993), Jeep Wrangler, and BMW M6.  The M6 is my achiles heel when it comes to insurance....alot of insurance companies have avoided insuring a V10...that's why I'm curious if USAA typically just raise their rates...hate to leave GEICO for the bait and switch that's worse!!!

Message 5 of 6
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@RickNATL wrote:

@Anonymous @CBartowski  I have 3 cars...one antique type (1993), Jeep Wrangler, and BMW M6.  The M6 is my achiles heel when it comes to insurance....alot of insurance companies have avoided insuring a V10...that's why I'm curious if USAA typically just raise their rates...hate to leave GEICO for the bait and switch that's worse!!!

I don't blame you at all. Bottom line, though I obviously can't speak for them, I'd say the pricing will likely be more stable than GEICO; just knowing how GEICO rolls with their hikes every 6 months. Killer car tho!!!

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.