Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Rewards card

tag
DomLS3
Regular Contributor

Ritz Carlton Rewards card

Just had a replacement card sent out to me due to expiration. Was extremely disappointed that the replacement card is not metal. It now feels more like the Chase Sapphire Reserve card but worse. Easily bendable, light, basic. I called and spoke to a Chase supervisor who said they haven't discontinued the metal cards but they have supply issues right now which is why they sent the plasic one. However, I've been reading around on other forums and a few people said they were told the metal cards have been discontinued. Does anyone have any info on this? 

EQ: 807 | TU: 823 | EX: 817
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
finfree
Regular Contributor

Re: Ritz Carlton Rewards card

Sorti I don't have info about the metal cards, but am curious about whether the card still says Ritz Carlton. I have this card and wasn't sure how they would handle new/replacement cards given that it is no longer being offered. Is it still a Visa Infinite card?

Starting Score (October 7, 2010): EQ: 698 TU: 709
Interim Score: EQ (October 21, 2010): 714 TU (November 2, 2010): 732
More Recent Interim Score: (March 14, 2018- all FICO8): TU: 831: EQ: 824: EX: 827
Goal Score: 850 all

Message 2 of 7
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

Check out Mark's unboxing video from a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE_nIUOnRr8&t=434s

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 3 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

The Ritz card has been metal core cards for the last year +.  As far as a know it isnt a material shortage, but is a permanent change for whatever reason Chase decided.  Who knows maybe they did re-instate the true "metal" card recently, but haven't heard such a thing recently and as mentioned it hasn't been a true metal card in over a year or two.

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As @CreditCuriosity mentioned upthread, the former legacy (pure metal) Ritz Carlton card is no longer available.

Mine expired sometime last year and they sent the refreshed metal-core version (similar to CSP, CSR, etc.) with the option to get a plastic version as well.  It is still issued as a Visa Infinite.

It's possible they're retiring the RC metal-core version but I'm not sure.  Of noteworthy, the IHG Premier WEMC card is no longer issued as metal-core either.  They're now issued as plastic versions.  Similar fate to the former Marriott Rewards Premier Plus (personal and business).  They were initially issued as metal-core, but they were refreshed with the Bonvoy name and they're now plastic.

Message 5 of 7
iced
Valued Contributor

@IntegerIntrovert wrote:

Check out Mark's unboxing video from a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE_nIUOnRr8&t=434s

I'm a little disappointed to see Chase doing this with card shipments. It should just come in a paper envelope like the CSR, Amex Platinum, and pretty much every other card.

Message 6 of 7
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I just got my Ritz-Carlton card yesterday, it's a metal core sandwiched between two pieces of plastic. Just like my CSR.

|  
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.