Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Staying Organized - Tracking Multiple Cards

tag
jonfive
Established Member

Staying Organized - Tracking Multiple Cards

Hey all, it's been a while!
Just wondering what people are currently doing to track numerous cards. Last topic I could find was back in 2015.

The way I have it set up at the moment is just a folder on my bookmarks bar full of links to each card. I open the whole folder in a new window every Friday and just eye over each one.

What I saw in the other old topic were a few just using excel, YNAB and Mint. Still relevant or has some other methods become the 'go-to'?

Synchrony Amazon: 1500 | Synchrony Mavis Tire: 1900 | Chase Amazon: 2200 | Citi Doublecash (1): 500 | Citi Doublecash (2): 1000 | BestBuy: 3000 | Credit One: 2900 (closing) | Capital One Platinum: 1800 | Amex Blue: 2500 | NFCU CashRewards: 5000 | NFCU CLOC: 6000 | Paypal Credit: 2000 | Ikea: 2200 | Wellsfargo Microcenter: 1900
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Staying Organized - Tracking Multiple Cards

This is going to sound weird, but I literally use my signature on this board as a reminder. I look at it and check my cards one by one if I don't have a fresh memory of their current status. I do this every couple of weeks. It is the hidden reason I have them in my signature. Not saying it's a great system, but it works for me.

I'm also in a mode of not wanting to add more cards, to simplify this process. I closed my Apple Card today since I don't really use it, and it wasn't growing. I may close my Harley card after its one-year anniversary, since I think I got a SUB and I don't want to annoy US Bank by closing it too soon. I was on the verge of closing my PPMC until they started giving 3% for purchases using the card via PayPal. I recently closed my Amazon Store Card. etc. I am a bit nervous that a card will slip through the cracks and get like a 1-day late that doesn't affect credit but hurts my internal score.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 2 of 13
RSX
Valued Contributor

I use an Excel tracking doc

lists out : 

date opened

current CL

last CLI date and amount

payment date

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 3 of 13
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

I use the Numbers app on Mac.

-
Message 4 of 13
jonfive
Established Member

That's a good way to use the signature! 

I think I might start doing the same at some point. Closing some of the more useless cards (starting with credit one) after I start clicking the CLI request button more often. I rarely shop at amazon anymore, though I might keep the best buy open for those 0 interest deals that pop up.

Synchrony Amazon: 1500 | Synchrony Mavis Tire: 1900 | Chase Amazon: 2200 | Citi Doublecash (1): 500 | Citi Doublecash (2): 1000 | BestBuy: 3000 | Credit One: 2900 (closing) | Capital One Platinum: 1800 | Amex Blue: 2500 | NFCU CashRewards: 5000 | NFCU CLOC: 6000 | Paypal Credit: 2000 | Ikea: 2200 | Wellsfargo Microcenter: 1900
Message 5 of 13
unsungivy
Established Contributor

I have calendar reminders for each closing date (which I have lumped into two groups, so it's really just 2 or 3 dates, depending on the month), a sticky note on my desktop with the APRs (and if they have a 0% offer and for how long, and if they can be lowered or are the lowest APR), and my signature here combined with Credit Karma for the "big picture".

As far as what CC for what... I'm not at that point that I need a spreadsheet yet. A friend of mine that I help uses Google Docs, however, sorted by due date. 

SD - Biz -
Message 6 of 13
Hoben02
Frequent Contributor

I use CardPointers app to guide me on which card to use when

iuse awardwallet app to keep track of travel points/miles and as a record for which transaction for which card

Chase (CSP,CF,CFU,southwest premier)
Barclay(jetblue, arrival)
Bofa(US pride, premium, travel, cash, Suzy komen)
Citi(Premier, Double cash, Costco)
Fnbo(Mlife)
Amex(everyday, cash, Hilton)
Blockfi
Caesars rewards
Sofi
Gemini
Cap One Savor One
Message 7 of 13
redpat
Senior Contributor

Iphone apps, Amex, chase and citi pay the 1st of the month.  So due dates don't matter and getting rid of all the other cards makes life much easier.  I'd rather put my time to better use than managing cards.  You don't need a lot of cards once you pick your reward ecosystem.  

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 13
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Google calendar populated with cut dates and due dates for every card supplemented with thrice (or more) daily Mint peeks to verify any financial activity both good and potentially bad...

Mint also has a "Bills" tab which gives me a secondary way of seeing monthly 'whats coming up' and how much each card statement was.

Can't say enough about how Mint has made things easy for us, been recc'ing it to friends and fam for years now and everyone who's suffered through the initial setup lauds it afterwards.

Easy peasy lemon popsicles  

Message 9 of 13
PlatinumCredit
Contributor

@jonfive I used my Excel spreadsheet & Mint! I would be lost without both lol!

Starting Score: 679
Current Score: 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.