cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working on an Excel credit report spreadsheet...

tag
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

Working on an Excel credit report spreadsheet...

I've been working on this today... wanted to find a way to easily see all the relevant bits of credit report data in on place. Once I've perfected it, I want to make an excel template for other to use, so that people who are looking to improve their credit can easily collect all of the info that they (and everyone helping them) will need to know in order to come up with the best plan.

Hopefully this image posts okay:

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Working on an Excel credit report spreadsheet...

That's a beautiful spreadsheet! (You may want to redact some more of it though!)

My spreadsheet doesn't include as much about accounts as they appear on my CR, but I do keep a history of scores to make a line graph! Seeing the drops keeps -- well, is supposed to keep! -- me in the garden.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous if your going to stay in the Garden, you may want to be careful about what weed killers you use ... also that it doesn't attack Grasshoppers (hey, lived in farm country). Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymousif your going to stay in the Garden, you may want to be careful about what weed killers you use ... also that it doesn't attack Grasshoppers (hey, lived in farm country). Smiley Happy

*chirp chirp* (kudo) *chirp* Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

I use an Excel file, but the key page is one for a different purpose.

I list all the open / active accounts, limits, STATEMENT DATE, amount I expect to pay, and color code that column with what I expect to pay. As the STATEMENT DATE comes along, I know to go log in to that bank, and look for the STATEMENT. I reconcile the activity / balance in my Microsoft Money program on my PC. I check the STATEMENT to see when the AUTOMATIC PAYMENT is scheduled to be made. In cases on the spreadsheet where there is no AUTOMATIC PAYMENT, I schedule the Pull payment in in the CC website, for 3 weeks out / the DUE DATE. I then take off the color code for the cell in that month's payments column, so I know that card is set up for the next payment. This color coding makes it easier to see, as the calendar month progresses, which cards I have NOT looked for the statement yet.

On another sheet I keep track of useless info like date opened, dreams of creditlimits, which I might close or app for next, still another sheet lists points / cashback amounts, free nights, travel credits, to look for on the multitude of programs.

The main thing any CC spreadsheet should do is ensure you ALWAYS make at least the minimum payment on time. If it does not support you in this task, the spreadsheet is a failure waiting to happen.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a good idea. I should make a Google Sheet because that would be easy to access from my phone.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have this spreadsheet still?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.