Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're a Credit Addict If...

tag
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...

When you fill out a CC application online, get through the disclosures and never hit the submit button just to get that app fix
Message 31 of 45
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

I'm so guilty of almost everything listed so far. I don't have anything to add though! 

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 32 of 45
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

When you're dating someone, they ask what your hobbies are and you wonder "is it the right time to bring this up?".  Or the fact that checking all my accounts or getting a ScoreWatch alert is the high point of my day. Shame.  lol. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 33 of 45
1_2
Contributor

You spend a lot of extra time on this forum to prevent yourself from apping for a credit card you don't really need but you still want the card and can't really explain why. Sometimes it actually works, lol. 

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 34 of 45
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Smiley Very HappyWhen you're laughing at the responses to this thread, only because you're laughing at yourself.....GUILTY as charged

LOL

Message 35 of 45
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

- you tried applying for the Amex Everyday Card a week before they were accepting applications.

- you can't remember your sister's birthday, but can remember the date you got your first credit card.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 36 of 45
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@CCspoiledbrat1 wrote:
1) When you create a spreadsheet for cc's and update it daily or at least glance at it.
2) That akward moment when you try to explain to a friend that CreditAddict & Lexie09 are your NEW Forum besties : /
3) Before applying for new credit you want to know the Underwriting Bank. -smart a¥¥!!!!

I do have a spreadsheet, I recently added a column for it which tells me the last time I got a CLI.  It has the date it was opened, the interest rate, the contact number, the backdoor number, the EO number if different than the backdoor number, and the contact person.  I just had to add three rows for Sallae Mae, BofA, and Citibank.  Smiley LOL

Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 37 of 45
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

@CCspoiledbrat1 wrote:
1) When you create a spreadsheet for cc's and update it daily or at least glance at it.
2) That akward moment when you try to explain to a friend that CreditAddict & Lexie09 are your NEW Forum besties : /
3) Before applying for new credit you want to know the Underwriting Bank. -smart a¥¥!!!!

I do have a spreadsheet, I recently added a column for it which tells me the last time I got a CLI.  It has the date it was opened, the interest rate, the contact number, the backdoor number, the EO number if different than the backdoor number, and the contact person.  I just had to add three rows for Sallae Mae, BofA, and Citibank.  Smiley LOL

wow, my spreadsheet doesn't have all that, need to update that, lol

Message 38 of 45
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@alinoapa wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

@CCspoiledbrat1 wrote:

wow, my spreadsheet doesn't have all that, need to update that, lol

Oh, I also have the due date.

I also just added two rows for the future cards; Voice and Cash+.....   I actually am not joking!  Smiley Sad

Message 39 of 45
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

- if you have your calender marked for the next time you can pull your free credit report from the major bureaus.

- if you have a reminder set in your phone for the monthly pull from credit.com, Credit Sesame, the six month reminder for Quizzle, and the weekly reminder for Credit Karma.

- if you skip lunch to read your credit report.

- if you forget to feed your pets because you are too busy checking all your accounts online.

- if you are on a date and go to pay the bill and have to calculate your util before paying the bill.

- if you refuse to talk to your therapist about your obsessive behavior because you would prefer to to discuss the differences between FICO and Vantage.

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.