Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great Lakes Credit Update

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Great Lakes Credit Update

I have a loan with Great Lakes and they have not updated my loan since Aug 2021 and it still has the old balance on it not the new balance as I have been making payments on the loan to pay it down. Has anyone else had this issue with them? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: Great Lakes Credit Update

My Experian is showing September 30th, I haven't paid since the pandemic forbearance started though so can't help with that side of things.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 7
ghgirll40
New Contributor

I think its because student loans arent due right now. Have you reached out to them to see at all? Is it important to you that it reports?

|EX 736|TU 722|EQ 718| NFCU Platinum Visa Signature |
Message 3 of 7
Rudy1
Established Contributor

Hey @Cory88 I would first attempt to reach out to Great Lakes by phone and ask if credit reporting can be updated. If that does not work you can also do as advised on Great Lake's website "Do not file a formal complaint to dispute a debt or to dispute a credit reporting. In these cases, you must send us a letter that includes identifying information for yourself and the debt you are disputing, along with an explanation of why you think the debt or credit reporting is incorrect. Include any pertinent supporting documentation with your letter." You can send them a letter or you can dispute the account on your credit reports and for example on Credit Karma dispute you would select "The balance and/or past due amount are/is incorrect." 

>
Goal Cards:
Message 4 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@ghgirll40 wrote:

I think its because student loans arent due right now. Have you reached out to them to see at all? Is it important to you that it reports?

Are are still reporting I have called them and they told me they are still reporting it that the CRA are not updating it. I was like all three CRA have the same info. When I was paying down edfinancial it was being updated every 30 days before I refinanced it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When payments aren't due, Great Lakes only generates a statement (and I'm assuming reports to credit) quarterly. 

Message 6 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When payments aren't due, Great Lakes only generates a statement (and I'm assuming reports to credit) quarterly. 

I think so anymore has I have been paying and I opted out of the no payment and have been making payments on the account and they only update not too often.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.