Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Help!

Well I was wondering If I should consolidate my Sallie loans. Can you guys/girls give me some advice on what I should do. Here is my loan info:

Stafford-SUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 04/08/2005 $2,614.04   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-UNSUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 04/08/2005 $4,733.69   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-SUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 10/25/2005 $3,485.31   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-UNSUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 10/25/2005 $4,632.03   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-SUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 05/30/2006 $5,476.98   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-UNSUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 05/30/2006 $5,644.59   4.21% Payment history         Stafford-SUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 01/03/2007 $5,486.43   6.8% Payment history         Stafford-UNSUB/
SALLIE MAE TRUST - LSC/FL   Repayment 01/03/2007 $5,497.82   6.8% Payment history

I was wondering would consolidating saving me any money or anything. Right now I send my payment to Sallie and they pay all the loans in small increments.I have pretty stable income and would like some insight. Any help is appreciated. Smiley Happy
Message Edited by fedor01 on 03-05-2009 04:35 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Help!

Any help?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I consolidated my student loans with the Department of Education.  I had 2 seperate loans to pay each month and it was easier to pay one payment.  I think the end result is what you are paying monthly on your student loans.  I was paying 553.00 for the 2 loans and when I consolidated I brought the amount down by 200.00 a month.  I am still paying the same amount the only difference is now that 200.00 goes off the principal every month.  Good luck.
Message 3 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

i have several loans, & i only have to make one payment through sallie mae.  i wonder why you have to make more than one payment?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 2 Parent Plus Loans at seperate times with Sallie Mae and therefore it was set up as 2 loans but they combined them and took out the one payment each month from my checking account.  I then took a consolidated loan frfom the Department of Education and now I only pay 1 payment and have saved 200.00 a month.  As soon as my son is out of school which is in 3 months I am going to take all the money from all the other bills I have paid off (credit cards) and put it towards the student loans so that I can get them paid in full and not have to worry about them any more. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.