Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

Barry,

My FICO score has taken a hit over this erroneous reporting and I have yet to see a correction. All the recent chatter illudes to an immediate correction which has yet to materialize. Are you aware of any class action lawsuit as a result of this negligent reporting?  ~SUMO 
Message 21 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

SUMO wrote:
Barry,

My FICO score has taken a hit over this erroneous reporting and I have yet to see a correction. All the recent chatter illudes to an immediate correction which has yet to materialize. Are you aware of any class action lawsuit as a result of this negligent reporting?  ~SUMO 

You're talking about not having seen a correction of the erroneous information on your report, right?  If not, please explain further, since your score should return to where it was once the data has been corrected -- depending, of course, on whatever accurate information may have changed on your report in the meantime.

If you haven't yet contacted Sallie Mae, I'd suggest doing so immediately.  If you have and they said they'd fix it, give it 30-45 days before pulling an updated report and score.

And, no, I'm not aware of any lawsuit.
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Barry,

That is correct, The EQUIFAX report is still showing the balance in triplicate. ~SUMO
Message 23 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

SUMO wrote:
Hello Barry,

That is correct, The EQUIFAX report is still showing the balance in triplicate. ~SUMO

Have you disputed this with Sallie Mae and Equifax?  Even though I believe Sallie Mae is taking steps to correct it, you still should file a dispute both directly with Sallie and with Equifax.  Then give it 30-45 days.
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

SALLIE MAE SERVICING   

Account Number:  9506947655100012000....
DateOpened: 10/2000

Should this be coming off it was 2000 thats 8 years

Message 25 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

bevy1234 wrote:

SALLIE MAE SERVICING   

Account Number:  9506947655100012000....
DateOpened: 10/2000

Should this be coming off it was 2000 thats 8 years

Hi bevy1234,
It's not the date opened but rather the date of the first delinquency that led to the 180 day status that starts the 7 year clock ticking.  But don't despair...your score can recover long before then if you get back on the good foot with your credit. Smiley Wink

Barry
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.