Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehab Success 2019 - 88 Point Increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Rehab Success 2019 - 88 Point Increase

Good Afternoon Ladies & Gentlemen,

This is for everyone considering Student Loan Rehab or they are already doing it and wondering about the future!  I feel so blessed right now!  I just received notice that my Experian FICO score has increased 88 points!  It increased from 560 to 648.  I have been moved up from "Poor" to "Fair" status!  I did not have to dispute anything!  Allow me to write this in bullet points as that's how I read best when searching through forums:

• I Had 6 Defaulted Student Loans Showing As Negative, Not-In-Good-Standing Accounts
  • I Entered The Rehab Program With National Recoveries Inc.
  • I Made 9 Consecutive Payments, During Which Time The Negative Items Changed To Closed Accounts.  To Me, This Period Felt Like Such A Long Amount Of Time!  And It Is!  But Keep Faith, This Story Has A Great Ending, And Hopefully Yours Does Too!
  • December 10th, 2018 Was My Last Payment
  • I Called National Recoveries, US Dept Of Ed, And Navient To Verify I Was Finished And My Loans Were Transferred To Navient
  • I Was Able To Create An Account On Navient's Website Immediately And See All My Loan Information
  • Navient Confirmed That They Automatically Allow The Same Low Monththly Payment For The First Month Or Two, And Then At Which Point It Will Be Going Up To A More Normal Loan Payment
  • Navient Or US Dept Of Ed (Can't Remember Specifically Which) Told Me The Old Negative Accounts On My Credit Report Will Be Automatically Removed And The New Good Standing Ones Will Show Up, And If They Don't Get Removed, That I Simply Need To Request Their Department's Version Of Their Credit Dispute Removal Form And Send It To The Bureaus
  • There Was A Brief Period Of A Couple Weeks Where My Credit Report Showed Both The New (Positive) Loans And The Old (Negative) Loans, Which Created A Short-Term FICO Score Decrease
  • Today, On January 12th, 2019, My Experian.com FICO Score/Report (Which I'm Using Temporarily Because I Froze My MyFico.com Account Until February To Save A Little Money) Received Notification That My FICO Score Increased 88 Points.  The Report No Longer Shows My Defaulted Student Loans!  It Only Shows The New Good Standing Loans!
  • My Experian.com Account Hadn't Updated When My Report Had Both The Positive And Negative Loans, So In Net Effect, Without Any Fluctuation, The 6 Negative Loans Fell Off, And The 6 Positive Loans Shows Up, And My FICO Score Increased 88 Points From 560 To 648!

I am very happily surprised that, not only did I NOT HAVE TO DISPUTE THE OLD NEGATIVE LOANS, but that THEY WERE REMOVED IN A TIMELY MANNER, WITHIN ABOUT A MONTH!  I wish these same results happen to everyone else!

Once My MyFico.com Unfreezes Next Month (February), I Will Post An Update With My MyFico.com Official Scores & Reports!

2019-01-12 - Experian FICO Score Increase 88 Points.PNG

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Student Loan Rehab Success 2019 - 88 Point Increase

Excessive edits in short period of time is the reason.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!! There's great information you provided. You were very lucky indeed. Navient actually misled you; as the old accounts and their lates were accurate, there was nothing to dispute. They were passing the buck.

I would like to make a recommendation; go ahead and apply for an income-driven plan now. These plans are designed to have payments as low as $0. The low payments if the rehab are not a special thing; the IDR plan is designed to help you and will naturally accommodate life's unexpected financial events. The plan you're likely going to be put on by default is there standard repayment plan. It means your loans will be scheduled to be paying off in 10 years. Most people cannot afford this, are unaware of other plans, and it is estimated to be the main cause of default.
Other perks of IDR is forgiveness in 20 years (25 grad) or 10 years if you pair it with Public Service Loan Forgiveness. There IDR plan application can take up to a month to process, so plan accordingly.
If you would like to know more about the plans, just let me know.
Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Please keep us posted when you get your FICO scores from all 3 bureaus.

Message 4 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on your rehab success!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I created an account solely to say THANK YOU for this post. I am currently in the Rehab Program with National Recoveries Inc. as well, with monthly payments of $5 beginning Oct. 2018 - July 2019. I began taking my financial life/credit seriously and buckled down in Oct.

1. Started rehab program
2. Signed up for Credit Karma and Experian to see where my credit file stood (only student loans on my credit file at this point)
3. Applied for and acquired a Discover Secured card and Capital One platinum card

My Discover TU Fico 8 score when I first started (only defaulted student loans) was 521.
Today, as of 2/4/19 my Fico 8 scores are 609 EX 631 TU 617 EQ.
You have given me hope that completion of the Rehab Program will help propel my credit score and get me out the mess that is my defaulted student loans.

🎉CONGRATULATIONS🎉 & THANK YOU❤
Message 6 of 7
FPapiSalOC
Established Member

I have 6 loan accounts on my CR but three are from the original servicer and the other three were new created accounts. I made my last payment at the end of janurary. I called today and was told that Friday 2-8 they started the process of selling my loan to a new servicer.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.