Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans Not On My CR

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Student Loans Not On My CR

Okay I'm stumped! I've just began my journey in repairing my credit. In doing so I've pulled all 3 CR's and on all 3 I DONOT see my Federal Student Loans. Am I being punked?

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trishdadish
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Loans Not On My CR

1. Did you default on them?

2. How long ago?

If you defaulted long ago, it is totally possible that they have dropped off of all of your reports by now. You still owe the money and you must either get them out of default sometime before you retire, OR they will take it out of your social security checks at that time. And if you get disabled before then, and you require disability checks to live, they will take it out of your disability! Scary stuff.

If this is your situation, you should go to Myeddebt.com, find out what you owe, and read the advice on there about defaulted SLs. I chose to rehab mine, and I should exit default this April. Then the SL credit lines will magically reappear on my reports with their original old dates, but with "paying as agreed " notations Instead of any negatives. This will undoubtedly help my AAOA immensely, but it will also hurt my DTI...( I just don't know how much 38K in SLs with an approx. $400 monthly payment coupled with an 80Kish annual income will affect my DTI ratio.)

All 3 bureaus (per Amex CreditSecure FAKO) are still 748 (as of 12/19/13). Cards: Discover It, $12,100, Chase Freedom $3,300, Chase Amazon $1,500, Walmart store $11,000, AMEX Zync NPSL, Costco Amex $14,700. US. Bank Cash +, $5,000. AMEX SPG $6,000, PenFed Plat. Cash Rewards $17,500, PenFed P-LOC $10,000, Citi Forward $5,100, Chase Slate $5,000, Old Navy, $2,200.
Message 2 of 3
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student Loans Not On My CR

Yes they are defaulted. I haven't checked my credit in years until late January of this year. I've been reading up on rehab. Honestly I need to have a better paying job to even afford rehab or paying anything on my loans. I already have crazy a$$ Sallie Mae, plus living in NYC. The rent alone kills my paycheck! Thanks for the info!

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.