Not sure where to start, but I need to know (without calling Navient), what has become of my loans, and could it actually be true they might have discountinued trying to get me to pay them?
1) I have paid very little over the years, usually on deferement as long as was possible for various reasons. When my time was up about 17 months ago, I did not start paying, because I couldn't.
2) Sometime during that time I called Navient and told them I was having a lot of health issues and inquired about applying for disability x (what's the word?).
3) Sometime this past year, two of the smallest, latest loans went to collection (not sure who they were with), but not the others, which I think were all Navient did not.
4) I filed bankruptcy in February, which discharged in early May.
5) Since then my credit report (at least one) states, just as my other cards /loans did, that they were included in bankruptcy. This was the last time they were every reported on. Nothing since then, as if they truly were forgiven in bankruptcy.
PLEASE DO NOT START A SIDE-TRACKED CONVERSATION ON IF OR HOW THEY CAN BE FORGIVEN IN BANKRUPTCY. I HAVE STUDIED THE SUBJECT EXTENSIVELY. I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE IF YOU FILL OUT THE CORRECT FORMS WHICH I DID NOT), AND I ALSO KNOW THAT IT SOMETIMES HAPPENS ON ACCIDENT/LUCK. THIS CONVERSATION WILL WASTE TIME AND KEEP PEOPLE FROM ANSWERING THE REAL QUESTIONS.
6) the credit reports state they were transferred to another office. If it is a collections office, how long does it take for them to contact you. It has been 5 months since bankruptcy.
7) I will be quitting my job to apply for disabilty, hopefully by spring, after I sell my home. I am afraid they might garnish my wages before then. I can't get the disabilty exemption, or whatever it is called without either a letter from SS awarding me disability (long time in the furture) or a DR's letter, which is too difficult to get at this time.
WHAT STATUS DO YOU THINK MY LOANS ARE AT, AND WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY ENDED UP? Neither Navient or the collection agency are contacting me.
I went to eddebt.ed.gov and created an account, which listed my loans. It stated that if it was turned over to another agency it would list it. It listed no other agencies.
It gave www.nslds.ed.gov to go check, which no longer has me in their database, though I was at one time. It doesn't recognize my only 2 email addresses I would ever use, neither did it recognize my phone number, which I have had 6 years.