Did you mean: 

December 2017 Check-In Thread

tag
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Re: December 2017 Check-In Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, MyFico Challengers!

Well, it was getting down to the wire, so I made a hail-Mary passes into the end zone and hoped something good would come out of it.  December was the best month yet, scoring wise thanks to EQ removing the state tax lien from my CR.  Something nudged me to make a call into them, and the stars must have all been aligned - as the CSR was very willing to review the documents sent from the CFPB and the BBB and took steps towards getting the lien removed.  Two days after that call, walla!  Lien gone! and my EQ Fico 8 score jumped to 850!

I did request EE of the two 30-day lates from TU and EX.  EX removed them from the CR and my EX Fico 8 score jumped to 850 as well!  TU seemed more difficult and said they would put in a dispute about the items' age.  Not what I wanted, but not all that critical since they are due to fall off in 2-3 months anyway.   But who knows, maybe they will still get deleted before the year is out and let me meet that 800 across the board goal!

Fico 8 scores:
EQ: 775 -> 850 (last 30-day late aged off CR and state tax lien deleted from CR - whoo hoo!!)
TU: 790 -> 791 (two inquiries aged over 1yr)
EX: 810 -> 850 (two 30-day lates aged off CR)

Mortgage scores:
EQ: 739 -> 817
TU: 774 -> 783
EX: 810 -> 811

2017 goals:

• Reach Fico 8 700+ score across the board. DONE!
  • Get Fico 8 740 or more across the board. DONE!
  • Get Fico 8 760 across the board. DONE!
  • Reach my first EVER Fico 8 800 score! DONE!
  • Get middle mortgage score to atleast 740. DONE!
  • Try to get the PIF State Tax lien removed from EQ/TU reports. DONE!
  • Try to get the three 30-day lates off of my CRs via GW letter.
    • I was able to get EX to remove the lates via EE. Requested EE from TU - still waiting results.
  • Save atleast 5% down for mortgage.
    • No change since last reporting 4% (of lowest) or 2% (of highest) saved. Holidays, man! Smiley Tongue
  • Get Fico 8 800 across the board.
    • Not quite yet...TU is holding out. Smiley Frustrated Got two 850's instead...I'll take it! Smiley Very Happy
  • STAY in the garden until close on mortgage.
    • The CC I 'accidentally' closed in Nov. still shows on my CRs and the new replacement CC has yet to appear on any CR.  No new inquires have appeared either.  So far, so good - but fingers and toes are crossed.

Although I still want that 800 across the board, I am very happy with my goal results.  2018 should be quite an interesting year!

Life happens...Adjust accordingly.

Such and AWESOME update!! Congrats!!!! 

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there everyone!

I joined MyFico on December 4th and I cannot begin to express how happy I am! I started off with awful scores, and the speed at which they are moving up is awesome. My primary goal is to purchase a home in February. I will be using a state loan & grant that I qualify for, and as of today... My scores qualify!!! YAY!!! I am SOOOO excited!! 

These forum posts are amazing as well. I have learned tons & plan on continuing to learn as I go forward!!

Thanks all.

Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I forgot to do my December update!

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. without opening any new tradelines. I've been in the garden since 9/7/17, and still going strong. Smiley Happy

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Currently 27.2%. Nov went to 28%, and I expect Dec to go higher due to Christmas.

3). To watch my inquiries drop. EQ 5, TU 9, EX 11, all within the last two years. All inquiries are post-BK. On January 1, inquiries less than one year old will be EQ 2, TU 5, EX 7.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). Still putting $100 per month extra toward my highest student loan balance. When I started putting the extra $100 per month, it was at 102.67%, now down to 97.58% 95.97% High utilization was 116.89% right after I filed BK, and capitalized interest hit (it had been in deferment until then). I honestly didn't realize how far I'd already brought it down just making the regular payments. Smiley Happy

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month.Still going strong, saving 12.7% of my gross income each month! Gotta love direct deposit into an online savings account. Makes it easy!

Would still like to see one or more of my scores hit 700 by the end of the year at least. BK two year anniversary is November , so I'm not gonna make 700, but I hope to by the middle of next year, being in the garden. Smiley Happy 

Current scores at November check in:

EQ 681, TU 650, EX 687

Scores as of 12/27/17:

EQ 686, TU 654. EX 687

Message 23 of 35
Oorah
New Contributor

Ugh Ugh Ugh, what a year.

I haven't checked in lately, because I have been beside myself with the credit bureau's, and a loan servicing company that is again reporting that I am late on a mortgage that doesn't exist.  This is the worst that it has hit me, and I am furious with both.  My credit scores have dropped from the mid 700s to between mid 500s and low 600s, even though every single account that I have shows zero lates, except for this bogus mortgage reporting.  Every time I get it kicked off, it appears again, only with different information, and a new date of delinquency.  I have just filed yet another dispute, after they said their investigation confirmed that the debt was valid in September.  I really want to know what info they are using to validate this debt.

2018 will be a year that they either remove this permanently and stop adding it back again, or I will have to take more drastic actions.  It amazes me that a creditor can report whatever the hell they want, and the consumer has to fight tooth and nail to correct whatever they want to report. 

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 35
DollyLama
Established Contributor

I'm in the same boat as Oorah above. This month I truly don't have what my scores should truly be. I disputed a CFA I have that was reporting each and every month to all 3 Bs till they got bought by a new parent company. The reporting stopped back in July, I called the creditor 3 times and they swear they are reporting, but my balance remains the same, no updates since July 2017. So I disputed current balance as I'm approaching the < 8.9% of the loan. So....TU investigates it, adds a new loan from them with current correct balance, 2 payment history, in addition to the erroneous reporting account and it's balance. So my scores dropped. I also didn't get my cash rewards credit posted in time by Cap 1 , so my AZEO went out the window with a $3 balance. Lesson learned on that one. Will contact TU again to try to straighten out two reportings and different balance on this one account. I only want the last 5 payments reported in history, and the right balance! Still in garden since 4/15/2017.  

Goal, still hoping the work this year on credit, can get my husband and I a mortgage in 2018!

Message 25 of 35
IQn2D
New Contributor

I have a last minute update to add. Today, my Equifax score increase by 18 points.

So my current scores are:

EQ:705

TU:710

EX:693

My membership into the 700 Club is almost approved.

Starting Score: EQ612, TU644, EX622 4-22-17
Current Score: EQ720, TU728, EX705 02-18-18

Message 26 of 35
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

Well, the end of 2017 finds me in a score drop as accounts are hitting since my mini app spree. As of today, I sit at EQ 725, TU 739, EX 718.

I expected this and am looking forward to the sling forward that'll come from this. Also looking forward to January.

Happy New Year to all!

Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 27 of 35
Oorah
New Contributor

Well my final check in for 2017 is not what I wanted it to be, but it is what it is.

I have filed a dispute with all three bureau's, again, and will wait and see what they say.

Four of my credit cards have lowered my credit limits, due to the bogus foreclosure reporting, so that is not helping my score at all.

Bank of America dropped my limit from $5000 to $4100

Synchrony dropped my limit from $6000 to $580, which is just $50 above my balance

Citi dropped my limit from $3500 to $2000, and raised my interest rate to 29.99% on the small balance I have, so that will be paid off right away.

One card closed my account completely, but it wasn't a major credit card and had no balance, so I really don't care about it being closed.

These don't help my utilization of course, and I have ZERO lates on any of these cards.  Hopefully more will not follow suit.

Hopefully the foreclosure account will be removed again, and I can send the info to the cards and have my credit limits restored to their previous limits.  This is more than frustrating.  The lower credit scores also raised my car insurance by $500 per year.

Scores are currently 554, 622, and 658.  I feel like I am back where I started a couple of years ago.

Its amazing what one bogus filing can do, and what it is taking to get it removed.  I am beside myself right now.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello there everyone!

I joined MyFico on December 4th and I cannot begin to express how happy I am! I started off with awful scores, and the speed at which they are moving up is awesome. My primary goal is to purchase a home in February. I will be using a state loan & grant that I qualify for, and as of today... My scores qualify!!! YAY!!! I am SOOOO excited!! 

These forum posts are amazing as well. I have learned tons & plan on continuing to learn as I go forward!!

Thanks all.

samait,  Welcome to myFico!  Great job in making such improvements in your scores in such a short amount of time!  Good luck in finding that special place to call home. Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, I forgot to do my December update!

1). To garden the cards I got last year post-BK, letting those tradelines age and grow. without opening any new tradelines. I've been in the garden since 9/7/17, and still going strong. Smiley Happy

2). To continue to manage utilization and reported balances. Currently 27.2%. Nov went to 28%, and I expect Dec to go higher due to Christmas.

3). To watch my inquiries drop. EQ 5, TU 9, EX 11, all within the last two years. All inquiries are post-BK. On January 1, inquiries less than one year old will be EQ 2, TU 5, EX 7.

4). To pay an extra $100/month on my highest balance and highest interest student loan, which is upside down due to interest accruing while in deferment (I know I should have paid it as I went, but the BK and events leading up to didn't allow for that). Still putting $100 per month extra toward my highest student loan balance. When I started putting the extra $100 per month, it was at 102.67%, now down to 97.58% 95.97% High utilization was 116.89% right after I filed BK, and capitalized interest hit (it had been in deferment until then). I honestly didn't realize how far I'd already brought it down just making the regular payments. Smiley Happy

5). To continue saving about 10% of my gross income each month.Still going strong, saving 12.7% of my gross income each month! Gotta love direct deposit into an online savings account. Makes it easy!

Would still like to see one or more of my scores hit 700 by the end of the year at least. BK two year anniversary is November , so I'm not gonna make 700, but I hope to by the middle of next year, being in the garden. Smiley Happy 

Current scores at November check in:

EQ 681, TU 650, EX 687

Scores as of 12/27/17:

EQ 686, TU 654. EX 687

Bella007,  welcome back! Smiley Happy  Missed seeing your posts!

Good to see you still gardening and saving strong! I hope you get over 700 by mid-next year!  Automatic deposits the Auto-pays are the bomb!  Can't wait to see all of your goals for next year (assuming you continue with the myFico Fitness Challenge Smiley Wink )!

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.