Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2020 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

December 2020 Check In Thread

december_calendar_main

As we approach the holidays, the stress of overspending can be tremendous.  What steps are you taking so that you ring in the New Year not drowning in debt? What new ideas or plans do you have so that 0% promos don't sway you away from your goals?  If you have a plan or strategy that you would like to share, please do! 

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge this year?

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: December 2020 Check In Thread

I'm here.Smiley Happy

As promised I'm tagging @Doodlebug30  Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Here I am @GApeachy ! I'm ready for my first month 😃 

Message 3 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Doodlebug30 wrote:

Here I am @GApeachy ! I'm ready for my first month 😃 

Larry the Cable Guy Git R Done - Best Stand-up special of All time | S... |  The cable guy, Just for laughs, Funny quotesSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

And as far as this holiday season as quoted in the opening post.....I generally spent less this year in general but i made sure to save all my cash back rewards all year to use towards christmas shopping...So i wont be drowning in debt. The online shopping deals are pretty good this year too...

My goals for december are just to stay firmly put in the garden and garden my new additions! Oh and of course to have as good of a holiday season as i possibly can during this hellish time we are all living in.

I want to wish all of this lovely myFICO community a happy and HEALTHY holiday season. WE CAN DO THIS!

Message 5 of 38
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

My biggest accomplishment is that my FICOs (2 of them anyway) have crossed over from Fair to Good Smiley Happy

Hubby and I are getting ready to apply for our first mortgage, we need a bigger house and we're having a baby due next month. We're both nervous because we have no idea what to expect in the home-buying process.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 38
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@CashBackQueen wrote:

we're having a baby due next month. 

CONGRATS!!!!baby evite GIF

Message 7 of 38
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

Congratulations on both the baby and the upcoming mortgage @CashBackQueen !!

Message 8 of 38
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Checking in for December (wow time is flying)

Just want to say hello to everyone.

Score is slowly going up, just gained +3 on EX.

Continuing to garden, trying to stay on track with credit goals.

Glad to see some familiar facesSmiley Happy

Wishing everyone "Happiest Holidays Possible"   ...

Message 9 of 38
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @GApeachy and @Doodlebug30 !

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.