Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

December 2021 Check In Thread

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: December 2021 Check In Thread

There’s a thread somewhere. I forget the name. I can find it when I’m back in front of my laptop tomorrow, if you haven’t found it already. You can also right click on one of the boxes and check out the properties… inspect, I think it is.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Junejer I was actually able to find a little bit on part of the bars done. I on;y have access to the FICO 8 scores atm. Have not found anything or how to base the inq for the last 2 bars. Could not do much today as was straight out on a contract job today Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Hey @Anonymous, I was in an all day meeting followed by our holiday party (just getting home) and didn’t get a chance to check in here today. I see you found most of the info you needed. Traveling tomorrow and Sunday so I likely won’t be able to check in on it this weekend.

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

2021 Has been a year of tremendous growth. I became a member of the 800 club for the first time. I am on a path that will lead to true financial freedom one step at a time. Goals for 2022: Continue building my business and non profit charity endeavors and increase my personal credit by another 100K. Also, begin building business credit to 25-50K. This forum is a key catalyst in helping me on my journey. Remember, its a marathon..not a sprint.   

Message 14 of 20
800scoreplease
New Contributor

Happy Holidays!

I am happy to say I more tha met my 2021 goals. I have a student loan that I paid down to a $100 balance. This is my only non-mortgage installment account so I want to see what points I gain for the balance being below 9% then I will pay the balance off I know I may lose points for no installment loans..sigh.

2022 is my year to become debt free, I have one credit card with a significant balance and I have a plan to pay it in full by December 2022.

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Message 15 of 20
800scoreplease
New Contributor

I made it through the holidays without accumilating more debt☺️

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Message 16 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@800scoreplease wrote:

Happy Holidays!

I am happy to say I more tha met my 2021 goals. I have a student loan that I paid down to a $100 balance. This is my only non-mortgage installment account so I want to see what points I gain for the balance being below 9% then I will pay the balance off I know I may lose points for no installment loans..sigh.

2022 is my year to become debt free, I have one credit card with a significant balance and I have a plan to pay it in full by December 2022.

IMHO, financial freedom is more important than a high FICO score. You can always manipulate your score by allowing a few bucks to report on one of your accounts after you are debt free. I wish you well in your endeavor to be debt free.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last day of 2021, I have started the main part of my credit journey this year by opening 6 new accounts that I plan to let age into 2022. The next goal card for me is a nfcu more rewards or just a rewards whichever is better. I slipped on my scores these last few months by letting my utilization hit a high of 23% which brought be down 15 or so points. 2022 I hope to hit 750-760 and then slowly climb into the 800 club.

Message 18 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

It's been an exciting journey for both personal and business credit goals. (2018-2021) Next year I look forward to the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly hp's slipping quietly away.

Wishing Everyone 

🍾Happy New Year🥂

To 2021, .I.bid u adieu. 😁

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 19 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, 2021 was an exciting year all around.

In 2022, I'll lose some inqs: EX will be go from 9 to 3, EQ will go from 2 to 0 (Jan) and TU will go from 7 to 2. Of course, I'm going to apply for a few cards in 2022, so that will all change.

I'm doing a mini AZEO experiment to see how my profile responds. It's not a hardship to do it, as I typically PIF all CCs, except my driver card. I pay the statement balance and let it "do what it do" for reporting. However, I opened a couple of new cards recently and had a bunch reporting at the same time. I'll report my findings towards the end of January.

Au revoir 2021!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.