Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

February 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

February 2020 Check-In Thread

Hello_February_Hearts.jpg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: February 2020 Check-In Thread

MyFicoer's this is a good month to look back over your accomplishments for 2019 and consider what you need to do as you look forward.

This is a good month to report what you can do to grow your credit. Some may need to heal the holiday expenses and work on some of your milestones.

Keep the faith and report your activities here for all of us to benefit from. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

eta: Got my seedling back in the ground. Goal is to grow it.

This time last year I had 3 accts., starter cards for personal and nothing for business.  But I remember it was last February that I found some threads on how to pc, request cli's, and search for online pre-approvals.  It was also the month that I got the app fever aka "app spree".  Never heard of such nor had I heard of a bucketed card either.  But once I found all this info. I started following threads where mf peeps were getting huge cli's from ccc's from the likes of Amex 3x's, Disco DD, Synchrony and Comenity store cards/cc's and off I went on my first app spree plan.  I was bookmarking; planning, watching my scores and getting ready to add to my little portfolio.  I also learned the term HUCA, lol!  Little did I know how valuable that little piece of advise would be. Chat too.  

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 30
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

This time last year I had one CC, a QS1 with a $1,000 limit, and my scores were around 630ish. After only a year I've been able to grow that card to $5,000 and get in with AMEX, Disco, and Citi, and my revolving limits are up to $8,900 total. My goal for EOY is to achieve a total of  $25,000 revolving limits, and a few more cards for the wallet when the time is right. My scores have risen over 100 points and I am starting to get CLIs with my new cards already, as well as preapprovals for all of my goal cards. This place is a wealth of information, and the people here are invested in sharing their knowledge with each other in hopes of bettering their own, as well as other's financial success.  

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 30
newfossil
Valued Contributor

My plans still include gardening. I need my AAoA to grow. I've been working on lowering my utilization. Have some cards now paid to zero and more will follow this month. I have not yet dealt with my 3 baddies. For some reason this intimidates me. 

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 30
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

January was kind to me. The delinquencies dropped off my EX report, and I EE'd my TU report, so I now have two clean reports and middle score in the 790s. EQ will be clean in June.

Of course, I was thrilled to see the 50-60 point improvements, but I also feel relieved - I'm no longer compulsively checking my scores and reports, and I deleted a few pages from my tracking spreadsheets. My plan for 2020 is to garden and to use my newfound free time to focus on other aspects of my work and financial life that need attention.

Message 6 of 30
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Hell All,

First check in for Me. I plan on a lot of hard Garden work, and one day I will grow to be as big as @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a good February.

Message 7 of 30
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Sooooooooo......

I was all 800 + and rather pleased with myself.   I was employing AZEO to maximize my scores.

Well, I hit 0% util (not intended as Chase reported a 0 balance although the statement had $250 on it  -  the ) came a few days later after I paid off the 250).     

So with their reporting the 0 and with all my other cards being at 0 - guess where this left good ole Lucifer ????

WITH A 789 !!!!!!    WTH !!!!   AAARRRRGGHHHHHHH

I guess I'm only 800 worthy when I work the system....

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

So with their reporting the 0 and with all my other cards being at 0 - guess where this left good ole Lucifer ????

WITH A 789 !!!!!!    WTH !!!!   AAARRRRGGHHHHHHH

I guess I'm only 800 worthy when I work the system....

I may have made the same mistake, waiting to see if capone reports 0.  Sorry that happened @Lucifer  but your scores are still awesome...I'll trade yaSmiley Tongue

Message 9 of 30
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

one day I will grow to be as big as @Anonymous Smiley Happy

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.