Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: June 2020 Check-In Thread

@Anonymous wrote:

Just adding a brief update....did a off on the last collection I had. It was only showing on Experian but it's a debt I do not have to worry about haunting me anymore! 🤗😁

@Anonymous, CongratulationsSmiley Happy

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!!

Message 32 of 44
EverForward
Established Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Late May and June have been good to me. I've picked up two more revolvers since then, Disco IT secured and BBVA Clearpoints.  Previously this year, mid-February, I was approved for Cap1 Platinum and NFCU nRewards and my scores, though improved seemed to be plateauing a bit.  My next goal cards are having my nRewards graduate and getting approved for a 2nd card with NFCU.

I also have a 24mo Self loan as of January.  I am planning on swapping that out with a SSL from NFCU next year.  I figure I better wait at least 12 months before I pay it off.

At this time, I'm considering opening a few FI and CU accounts. I have checking accounts with 1st Bank and NFCU.  I am looking at opening checking accounts, to plant relationship seeds for future revolvers for personal and business credit needs.  FI's of interest are BBVA, FNBO, BotW, iffy still about BOA.

CU's of interest for are Ent CU, PenFed, DCU. I still prefer banks/CU's with local branches but warming up to remote banks/CUs.

Goal revolvers are NFCU More Rewards, Flagship(eventually), AMEX for personal and business, and perhaps another FI business card TBD.  I don't have any store cards, while I shop at Kohl's more often, I am thinking I'll app for Macy's when the time is right.

My Ch7 discharge was 3/2019, and I didn't start rebuilding until early this year.  I am thrilled to be this far along in 6 months, with FICO 8 scores approaching mind 600's and hoping to be 700+ by EOY.

I am very grateful to have discovered myFICO and to have become part of the family.

Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited a bit for this month's check in so I could do our most current 3B pull on myFico.

Overall, some scores went up, some went down, and some stayed the same for me. I can see why, overall.

EQ: I lost my oldest account. It dropped off on June 1st. This dragged my AAoA down and brought my scores down a bit. Even though a CA was removed and my new revolvers got another month older, it canceled out any benefit and that dropped my scorecards a little. Some scorecards still increased.

AoOA:

5/18/2020: 18yr 5mo 

6/17/2020: 15yr 1mo

AAoA:

5/18/2020: 9yr 4mo

6/17/2020: 8yr 11mo

TU: They have *really* failed making any updates since April/May. This left my scores essentially the same as May. I hope the updates come through soon!

AoOA:

5/18/2020: 13yr 10mo

6/17/2020: 13yr 11mo

AAoA:

5/18/2020: 7yr 11mo

6/17/2020: 8yr 0mo

EX: My own fault. I got brave and apped for a CC, thinking EQ would be pulled with my "new" and "much better" scores, and turned out that they pulled EX. This dropped my scores in many scorecards. Of course it was a denial for the CC. It also looks like something dropped off because my AAoA also went down. Maybe it was more that than the denial.

AoOA:

5/18/2020: 13yr 10mo

6/17/2020: 13yr 11mo (?)

AAoA:

5/18/2020: 7yr 7mo

6/17/2020: 7yr 5mo (?)

Now onto progress:

Me:

* I got 1 CA off my CRs and still waiting for another CA to come off.

* Month 3 of 9 completed for 2 of 3 SL rehabs.

* Got an early CLI of my "credit steps" on my Cap One Plat and got it upgraded to QS w/no AF! Woo hoo for CB!

SO:

* Got pre-approved for Disco Secured CC and put $500 deposit down (it has already been drafted from his account)! Now we are just waiting for the card to come in! Woo hoo for CB and first year match!

* Now he has 2 bank cards and 1 AU bank card. His rebuild is coming along nicely!

* Month 3 of 9 completed for 2 of 2 SL rehabs!

* FINALLY got his Cap One Plat Secured CC in! Now we should hopefully no longer have the "not utilizating credit limits" negative remark on his CRs starting next month. Maybe a score bump? Fingers crossed!

* EE 8 accounts off TU on June 1st from TU! This was a big win! Only 10 derogs left lol

Negatives:

Me:

* Lost oldest account from from CRs. Tough blow as the next oldest account is something like 3.5 years out from that.

* I was hoping for some lates to drop this month (and very long strings from EX), but I miscalculated and it will likely happen next month.

* Still did not accomplish getting 3rd SL servicer set up with rehab program. They have been a total thorn in my side!

SO:

* No new negatives and no speed bumps lately!

Left to work on:

Me:

* 4 CAs

* Setting up 3rd SL servicer into rehab program

* finally deal with the IRS (eek!)

SO:

* 3 CAs (still, ugh)

* 1 unpaid CO (not anytime soon, I am afraid)

* try to deal w/ 2 potential baddies that rose from the dead before they possibly hit the CRs

Everything else is just a waiting game for them to drop off CRs. I am even considering that with 2 of my CAs, but I have not fully decided yet since they are small.

Total Derogs:

Me:

EQ:

19 total derogs

14 SLs

1 CO (to drop by Nov. 2020)

5 CAs (still waiting on 1 to drop off)

TU:

26 total derogs

21 SLs

1 CO (paid)

EX:

23 total derogs

19 SLs

SO:

EQ:

15 total derogs

11 SLs

2 COs

2 CAs

TU:

10 total derogs

6 SLs

2 COs

2 CAs

EX:

13 total derogs

10 SLs

2 COs

1 CA

Slowly, but surely we will get there! I have a goal July of next year for most baddies to be gone. Fingers crossed!

Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

My goal is to pay down balances right now. One payoff at a time! Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 44
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Well I bit the bullet and paid off my car this month. Originally I had that slated for August so that puts me slightly ahead of my timeline. I'm happy about that. I can now get to work on this student loan debt. I should still have each major category covered for credit purposes for a while.

I hope the month is going well for everyone! 

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 44
jlegleiter
Established Member

Hey Everyone,

After an ill advised string of inquiries this month and a couple new cards, I'm expecting my scores to dip, but nothing too drastic. Not focusing too much on score progress this year, but don't want to do much to damage the progress either.

I expect not much in the way of new credit the rest of the year unless I receive a good targeted offer.

My highest priority continues to be paying down FedLoan. Finished rehab on this loan this past December and have as of today payed down $11,031.

Trying to put $1,500-$2,000 at it monthly and taking advantage of the deferrement to pay as much down as possible while not accruing any interest. Any additional funds I receive, head straight to FedLoan.

I'm really putting my weight behind this loan and getting it out from over my head!

Goal Progress:
>

FICO 8 Score Progress:
April 2018:
June 2020:
March 2021:
May 2021:
Oct 2021:
Jan 2022:

Message 37 of 44
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

I hit all my goals again this month.  Stayed healthy, stayed employed, paid off last interest-bearing card, bought car at the end of its lease, and let fewer than half my cards report a balance.  I really think that posting my goals here has helped to keep me focused and accountable.

July looks like it should be a pretty quiet month for me on the credit front. Two cards are eligible for CLI's so I will try for those, but the results are out of my control so I don't view those as goals.

Goals for the month ahead: Stay healthy; stay employed; bring aggregate utilization under 10%. 

Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jlegleiter wrote:

Hey Everyone,

After an ill advised string of inquiries this month and a couple new cards, I'm expecting my scores to dip, but nothing too drastic. Not focusing too much on score progress this year, but don't want to do much to damage the progress either.

I expect not much in the way of new credit the rest of the year unless I receive a good targeted offer.

My highest priority continues to be paying down FedLoan. Finished rehab on this loan this past December and have as of today payed down $11,031.

Trying to put $1,500-$2,000 at it monthly and taking advantage of the deferrement to pay as much down as possible while not accruing any interest. Any additional funds I receive, head straight to FedLoan.

I'm really putting my weight behind this loan and getting it out from over my head!

Goal Progress:
>

Did you see the big score bump since you finished rehab or paying down the SLs?

Message 39 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back for the June Check in update. So far with paying saying down my balances, Equifax has been the only change in my score with an increase of 5 points. I'm still waiting to see how the last removal of a collection on Experian will effect my score. Still showing as of today so tomorrow I will call them to see if they can speed it up. Still gardening and no credit limit increases for this month. Well that's it for now, let's see what the end of July will bring 🤗

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.