Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2016 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

March 2016 Check In Thread

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: March 2016 Check In Thread

Back in the saddle for March.

Cleaning up my balances to get a good benchmark of where I am, hopefully between either end of March or early April I'll have a solid estimate of where I stand for my measuring stick score (EQ Beacon 5.0 plus whatever FICO 8's I have free access to).

Right now at 7/14 CC's / LOC reporting a balance, not so good.  Starting in July my mortgage inquiries will have fallen off, and between May and June I cross 3 years AAOA on all 3 bureaus, so just planning to hang pretty till then.

        
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning... I've been on this site way longer than intended this morning, lol... Anyhow... This month has started off fantastically. The end of last month, I got a mailer that I was pre-qualified for the GM BuyPower Card. I was not sure if it was a joke or a waste of a hard pull, so I let it sit. One day, I was on Victoria's Secret and finally, after months of trying, got the SCT pop up, for $350, I accepted. After accepting, I waited a few days and decided to try for the GM Card, approved $300. I tried more SCT stores and got the King Size Credit Card, with a $150 limit. 

I just plan on making payments this month, nothing exciting. The end of the month, I MAY try for a Barclays or a Cap One card. Dunno.... 

Finally glad to have more than a Fingerhut Account. 

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just now getting started on the path to rebuilding my credit, so I'm excited to learn from everyone here! I had quite a few years of underemployment coupled with VERY large student loan payments (and the underemployment meant that the student loan payments didn't always happen!). 

Finally back on track and excited to see the progress in my scores that will come with time. I paid off all $1500 of my credit card debt last month, so I'm excited to see the potential bump in my scores from that once it is reported!

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for the first time!

My goal is to get to 800+ 

Message 5 of 24
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

.y March check in is working on a ch13.  At this mark I have made progress since January check in.  The only reason for filing is the mortgage.  Currently I am in limbo since I was denied with room to amend.  Though my fico friends have guided me to at least being an authorized user.  My scores today as I am fighting are fico eq 547 TU 558 exp 575.  Thank you Fico.  I am still reading and building.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one heck of a journey for me, although I signed up about a year ago I never set this portion up.  My starting scores as of last year was mid 500's.  I was at EQ 605 TU 590 and EX 624.  Once my scores go there I began applying for credit cards and getting them, which has never happened to me, so then I went up to 90% utilization and payed off a car loan too soon and my scores dropped back down to mid 500's.  I am so tired of high interest rates, and bad credit! At this point 3 months later I have my cards down to 38% utilization, and my scores are now at EQ 612 TU 595 EX 615.  My goal score is 750 across.  I just wish I really knew how to get there.  How do I post my starting scores and goals? Im not sure how to set this stuff up. Can anyone tell me how to set this stuff up as my signature?

Message 7 of 24
Oorah
New Contributor

Checking in for March

This will be a month of paying down balances and nothing more.

I keep getting preapprovals, that I immediately toss in the trash so that there are no new inquiries on my report

Hope to see a bump when my new credit report is delivered at the end of the month.

New household budget is working out great, and I was able to find more money to throw at the debt.

Pulled all cards out of my wallet and refuse to take them anywhere with me, so that I am not tempted to add more debt.

Starting Score: 593
Current Score: 554,622,669
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 24
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Well here I am checking in ~~~> My score has jumped up 20 points after a few statements have cut and I'm waiting for a few more to report ~~> I'm looking to pay off one baddie in April this month I'm looking to 0 out the balance on 2 of my cards with smaller limits still gardening strong ~~~< 🌷🌷🌹🌹🌹🌼🌼🌼🌸🌸🌺🌺🌺
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just started the challenge, but figured I'd go ahead and give an update on my actions this month. I began March with a 589 average, but have added to my cc base.

As of now, I was accepted for three accounts putting my CC total at four, and a CL of $9,000. 

NFCU - 6.5k (5.9k balance)

*CapitalOne Platinum - 2k (zero balance)

*Vicky's (SCT) - $250 (zero balance)

*Express (SCT) - $250 ($50 balance)

Goals for the next six months is to garden these four cards, which means paying down the NFCU and alternating purchases on the other three once per month. I will then reavaluate and look for a decent travel rewards card or potentially an Amazon card. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.