Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2020 Check-In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

March 2020 Check-In Thread

undefined

I'm sure you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

17 REPLIES 17
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: March 2020 Check-In Thread

Somebody needs to hit me with a stun gun!

Other than that I'm doing great.  Hope everyone is doing great and Happy March!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Righted my financial ship after things were slipping over the past two months with a bunch of expenses which I wasn't expecting right now.  Second income really starting to dig into all the excesses and back to basically $0 revolving debt with money in the bank so I'm OK.

Credit wise still doing two mortgages at once which seems insane to me, and BOFA who was one of the builder's preferred lenders seems to be doing everything possible to just get me to walk away from them... and I'm about to oblige them on this and start complaining about bait and switch on them.  If they haven't ordered the appraisal I'm going to ask for that fee back, not happy and giving them 72h to make it right or kkthxbye!

So I will probably be getting even more mortgage inquiries tacked onto my report here in short order as I open up a third front with one of the builder's other preferred lenders and also a new application (which should be easy) with the lender doing my refi, good luck my trying to calculate a garden date on this one =/.  

Then again if that's the biggest of my problems after this BOFA mess that has been weighing on me, I'll be fine.

Hope everyone else's plans are going well! 

        
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far, so good! Nothing unforeseen, at least yet so can't complain. Trying to continue to behave and not be tempted into apping for anything. 

Hope everyone is doing well! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Last month my goal was to get all my cc paid down to Aze0. I mostly occomplished this with a couple exceptions. One of the cards I planned to to pay off to zero, when the statement posted, they addded the interest I had used up until that point, so $4 instead of zero. Another one I paid off to zero added the yearly fee as it posted, so $35 instead of zero. Both are again paid to zero So this month should post Aze0. 

my goals for this month are to attack my 3 baddies. I started attempting this in February but have run into brick walls. I am going to keep trying. You would think paying debt wouldn't be this challenging. But I don't have account numbers so can't pay things on their sight and having trouble getting anyone to actually answer the phone. Going to attempt snail mail next. 
Meanwhile I've stayed in the garden allowing my accounts to age. My scores have gone up, but the clean report definitely stands out next to the two dirty ones. 

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 5 of 18
MemoryLane
Established Member

My goal for the year is to pay off my credit cards, get under 30% utilization, maintain a perfect payment record, and to educate myself on credit in general.

I used my tax refund to pay off 4 out of 6 of my credit cards, starting with the smallest balances. It's a nice feeling to see a 0 balance on those. I will roll my snowball into the next largest credit card, and that should be 0 in 5 months, with the final card 6 months after, or sooner if I end up with more money to work with along the way.

I'm excited to see my score increase after everything reports, as my utilization will drop from 90% down to 38%.

I still haven't missed a single payment on any of my accounts. All of my current accounts have never had a missed or late payment (I am super proud of me for that).

I've learned that I don't actually understand how interest works. One of the cards I paid off, I checked on today to see I had a weird interest amount I had to pay.

Starting FICO8 Score: Jan 2020: EQ648|TU648|EX660
Current Score: June 1 2020: EQ765|TU745|EX763
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

March is off to a great start!

The last of 3 CC posted right away to my EQ, giving me a 21 point V3.0 bump and an 11 point FICO bump! Can't wait to see how good/bad my scores are when all 3 TLs finally report to all 3 CRAs....

I made my first of two payments to Cap1 to try and gauge timing of actual payment processing and to clear up my util before statement close on the 13th. I think I may be cutting it close. These charges are taking a lot longer to post than I expected. I stopped using it so that when the last few post finally, I will pay all but a few bucks (<8.9%) and see what my scores look like! My other 2 TLs are at $0 currently.

My SSL will get payment 7 of 12 tomorrow. The CRAs sure are slow to update. One still shows only 33% paid off....I was hoping to see a lil bump in scores now being over the half way point, but it seems like it will be a few months from now at this rate, and I will just have to be patient...

Still working with the first lender on getting my SLs setup with rehab due to my complex income issues, and it is slow moving, but I am hoping to get this set up with all 4 lenders by the end of the month. High expectations, but you gotta aim high, right?

Still strategizing on which CAs to tackle first, but honestly, I think I am just nervous after the first bump in the road when I attempted  a PFD with Sprint. I'm ready now, so hopefully 1-3 of 7 (depending on which I do and if I succeed) get handled by month's end!

Lots of work ahead, but I am more ready now than ever before! I want to buy a house in the next few years, so I have to get this right!

Good luck everyone!

Message 7 of 18
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

I was waiting patiently for the snail mail to deliver my letter from Citi Card to let me know if they would unsecure my card or not. Sadly, they reviewed my profile and decided to keep it secured for 12 additional months. It’s disappointing but expected based on my current profile. Capital One is not graduating either and my biggest credit line is a store card Smiley Sad. My other secured card is from a credit union that will not upgrade without a hard pull.

I really need another credit card with a decent starting limit but I’m sticking to my plan to garden until July 2020 to have a better chance of getting what I want. This month my last inquiries, which are from mortgage and car loan rate shopping, will reach a year old, as well as the accounts. So no inquiries or new accounts within the last 12 months. So my goal for this month is not to apply for new credit and pay off my last derogatory account so my credit score can get a little boost. 

Sometimes I feel tempted to submit an application, but the idea of ​​getting a teeny-tiny credit limit makes me continue with my plan. It's really a challenge, but with the help of the MyFico family, I'll get there Smiley Very Happy!

Message 8 of 18
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Hi everybody: I hope you're all doing well and staying healthy. I have no news to report this month, with scores hovering around 800 since the delinquencies fell off 2 of 3 reports in January. Next major events:

• In May, my I-joined-Myfico-and-went-on-an-App-Spree will hit 365 days, and those inquiries will no longer be scored. I have two cards since then (gifts from Chase and Amex), so I won't get max score gain.
  • In June, the delinquencies will fall off my third report, so all reports will be clean of derogs.
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking in and testing out my nifty new signature!  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.