Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2022 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

March 2022 Check In Thread

unnamed.jpg

Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforeseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judgment zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a Kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: March 2022 Check In Thread

I completed last months goal of all AZEO. (I think) US Bank reports balances at the end of the month and a charge was pending until today, so we shall see. I filed civil suit on an apartment collection that popped up that is totally  bogus if you ask me. Patiently waiting for that court date. However, I have all the proof I need to support my claim. So yeah, last month was great and I made some progress.

I also subscribe to MyFICO credit monitoring now that I'm serious about raising my score. That's a plus, it shows me where I am credit wise and what I can do to improve it.

Now this month... I have a pressing bill that's getting on my last nerve of $1,200 due to Verizon. I want to tackle that before it get to collections. Then I can resume score boosting activities... lol Enough of my monthly rant... see you next month.

P.S.

Stay on track... because you can do this! I'm learning that its all about GOOD credit behavior and money management. 😉

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 14
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Accepted an upgrade offer from Amex ED to Amex EDP for 40k MR after 2k spend in 3 months, prorated AF. CITI DC reduced my interest rate from 22.99% to 14.99%, hit my SUB on the FNBO Evergreen card, filed taxes and owe $76 fed, refund $161 state 🙂

FICO scores as of 2/22

TU (Discover) 748, util 31% (-1%)

EX (Amex) 744

EQ (CITI) 731

continuing to journey to 750 across all 3 reports🙃 will check back April 4

Message 3 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

March came in like a lion for me FICO-wise. I had one of my cards report 83% utilization and lost 34 points on EX. Statement cut yesterday and reported the hefty balance already today. Reason for the high utilization was due to the loss of my dear MIL who had inadequate insurance. (Side bar: please get adequate enough insurance to get buried--it cost us about $25K without a lot of frills involved, including the repast meal.)

I paid the balance to $0 today, so I hope to get those points back tomorrow.

Met my $750 SUB for my Chase Ink card on March 1, so that is exciting.

Will attempt to resume my AZEO project this month in hopes of getting TU over 800.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
HeavyResist
Frequent Contributor

Rethinking of my credit priorities - March 2022 Check In Thread

Over this last week, I decided I needed a rethinking of my credit priorities for this year.

My goal was to garden until October when I woudlbe below 5/24 so i could apply for a chase card. However, I completely forgot this was the year I needed to Refi my mortgage out of my FHA into a conventional.

I have a 30y FHA through M&T Bank (they purchased the loan from Fairway Mortgage soon after it closed) and are servicing it. I want to refi into a conventional to get out from under the PMI. While I know interest rates have jumped since September 2020, the cost of the PMI will be made up in a few years. I currently work two jobs, my main and my weekend job. Lenders apparently wont consider a second jobs income in the DTI calculation until you have held it for 2 or more years. On 5/27 of this year, I will be able to add it to the calculation. This expands my possibilities for both mortgages and auto loans. That combined with bettter scores will hopefully keep my interest rates reasonable. 

On another positive note, I had a large increase in Credit score in all areas other than Experian last month. My current utilization is at 4%, and I am 6 months away from my only baddie (CH7 Bk from 2012). Things are looking up and the board keeps me encouraged. 

My new financial plan with regard to my credit for this year is now as follows:

May - Refi Current Mortgage, NFCU CLI

September - Last baddie Falls off

October - Chase Freedom Flex/Unlimited, CLI Spree

November/December - Purchase new multi family unit with new FHA loan. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let this be a lesson for sure! My balance posted and I got back my full 25 points from the CBs for going AZERO. Truth, in the past the CBs have not always fully restored me to Fico 8 850 so I was apprehensive  Smiley Surprised

"February finds me licking my wounds! Dropped 25 points from my Fico 8 Score 850. Went to Fico 8 Score 825. Now let this be a lesson ... AZERO and that was the penalty. Will have USocks bailing me out during the first week in March but for now a long face is in order. Kept Fico 8 at 850 for five years" ... Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14
800scoreplease
New Contributor

Hi

My goals so far remain unchanged; pay off my credit card and purchase a new car. I went from a goal of Dec this year to now July maybe even mid June. So excited to b3 rid of CC debt soon.

I also finally achieved 800+ across all three CB ☺️☺️☺️

Starting Score: 727
Current Lowest Score: 820
Goal Lowest Score: 825

Message 7 of 14
Jedibarber007
New Contributor

My equifax score went up 45 points! So happy! Finally last baddie from equifax (chase) was deleted. Making huge progress Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 661
Current Score: 677
Goal Score: 720

Message 8 of 14
moto4man
Regular Contributor

My biggest issue (a CO - PAID recently) finally had the dust settle much earlier then expected.  I wasted no time in dropping my next app (approved) due to such a huge leap in score.  Still waiting for a small PAID medical collection to be deleted.  Won't see anything on FICO8 for that, but on other models I will.  I think time is my best friend at this rate.  I'll wait for this recent inquiry to see what it does, and the bump in avail credit and see what that does for me.  But other than that, I think it's pulling weeds and watching paint dry for the next year, maybe more....

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 682EX 687EQ 687TU
Goal Score: 750

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started credit repair last month.  I obtained personal loan from Lending Club (only one i could obtain) with horrible APR (30%); also obtained $4k CC from Apple (not reporting), $6.5k CC from PenFed (not reporting) and $1k PLOC from PenFed (not reporting) for overdraft protection of checking acct; used personal loan to pay off credit cards; following items deleted from EQ report: creditone CC (30 days past due), credit first CC IIB, NFCU CC IIB and CA for $1.4k medical debt; following items deleted from EX report: creditone CC (30 day past due pmt), credit first CC IIB; and following items deleted from TU: credit first CC IIB and CA for $1.4k medical debt.

Lending Club PL reporting to EX and TU as of 3/11/2022.  

Didn't utilize AZEO Feb stmts due to monthly fee for February by Creditone.  Plan to send in pmt from checking acct to cover fees next month and utilize AZEO.

As far as remaining derog to cleanup:  EQ - Barclay CC IIB; TU - Barclay CC IIB; and EX - Barclay CC IIB and BBT CC IIB.  Still debating how aggressive to be with pursuing deletion of Barclay CC IIB as it is oldest account and would negatively impact AAoA and AoOA for all 3 CRAs.  Same with BBT CC IIB reporting to EX.  Any thoughts on this issue?

I plan on calling PenFed to inquire about personal loan within 30-day inquiry period to pay off Lending Club PL if possible this month.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.