Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March check-in thread

tag
Sarah
Administrator Emeritus

March check-in thread

Hey Challengers! It's March 1st, which means it's time for our second monthly check-in thread. As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. 

How did the month of February treat your finances? Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013?

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: March check-in thread

I was happy to see my score jumped to 652. A whole  +42pts.  This tiny progress just made me extremely motivated! 

Message 2 of 50
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Hi to all. I have been in the garden since November 1,  2012. March 1 pulled Fico scores are up for me. Scores are up 10 and 13 points respectively this month.  In the last two months, one inq has fallen off of EQ and it is now 4 full years since my last late payment on both CRA's and four months since opening my last new trade line, (a car loan). My next goal is 760 so as to qualify for the best new home mortage rate when it occurs. Good luck to all!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 50
starry1
Valued Contributor

Pretty well.  I was dicharged from bk7 and was approved for three starting rebuilder cards.  I'm a bit behind with my savings for the year, but hope to catch it up soon.  I'm in the garden as of 2/23 and plan to stay a bit.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 4 of 50
JBG
Established Member

Checking In.....

Last Check In

In Feb. I did the following:

• Deleted 4 collection accounts ($832)
  • Paid 5 collection accounts ($1153.00)- 4 paid collections fell off TU and EQ reports( wasn't expecting that)
  • Paid off 2 yes 2 car loans ($3,190)- Still waiting on the CR to update
  • Paid off my credit cards ($ 680)- reported 1 account w/ a $9.00 balance Smiley Mad (They got me on the intrest for the balance i finally paid off)

I'm looking forward to my March credit reports..

Whats left:

5 Collection accounts ($3,300)

The Results of February's great work:

TU: 532- up 8 points

EQ: 542- up 38 points waiting on one paid collection to fall off(then EQ will have zero collection accounts) Yippy!!!

EX: 579- up 19 points

***Not all undated activity has been reported so I'm hoping there is more to come.

Utilization: 1%

Last inquiry: Sept 2012

March Goals:

1. PIF- 4collectionaccounts ($3050) TU
  2. CLI- CapOne
  3. BecomedebtFREE!!!!!!! 
  4. LearnhowtocreateGWletters (I'malittlelostwiththisone)

House ..... Here I come...

Enough Income.. check

Down payment... check

Credit...............Hummm...........................Smiley Embarassed ..  awh heck ...At least I'm on track.. LOL

Starting Score: EQ 504, TU 524, Quizzle 560 Feb 2013
Current Score: EQ 650, TU 679 , EX 667 (1/19/15) All FiCO
Goal Score: 690
Official home owner as of Nov 2013 (Thanks to All of You)
Message 5 of 50
Supawest
Valued Member

February was PERFECT. (sorry for the essay in advance). Smiley Wink

Starting this challenge I had a score of 656 (lender pull in November 2012) that I increased to 697 by the end of January 2013. In the past 4-5 years credit card comapnies would not even look in my direction. I could not even get a Bank of America secured card just 2 years ago. I was able to get a Capital One secured cc with a $200CL. Due to paying on time they increased it to $500 and then I recently (January) added $500 to bring it to a $1K spending limit.

But as I reported in the "Credit Card" forums, at the end of February I was able to get a CL from Discover for $8,000!!!This was after contacting BofA and having them remove a derog on my report (So I went from 3 reported lates to only 2) and bringing my Credit utililzation down from 98% - 28%.

I woke up today still taken aback by the fact that I recieved such a large CL, so I hopped on my FICO just to get another credit check to make sense of the approval. I'm happy to report that I reached my goal of 720 (727 to be exact).

I thought it would take the entire year for this to happen so I decided to change my goal to 760. I know that the Discover inquiry may reduce my score (if it hasnt already) but with that $8K CL I'm sure I will get another jump. I am working on getting the other two derogs off of my report but my 7 years is coming up this summer so I am anticipating them falling off with out my efforts.

This is really encouraging because a few years ago I couldn't dream of purchasing a home because I was in the mid 500's, so to be in the 700 club...feels great. I am working on purchasing a home exactly a year from now so I've been saving up for a down payment and have placed myself in the garden so I do not get any more inquiries on my report.

Loving this MyFico Challenge!!!

Starting score 656 EQ (Nov'12 Lender Pull)Current Score: EX 770 EQ 771 TU 780
Goal Score: 820 across

Message 6 of 50

March check-in thread

MARCH WOES AND DISAPPOINTMENTS Smiley Sad

My credit score dropped a toal of 39 points.

Two added collections accounts:

one from the Department of the Treasury in the amount of $10,900the Other from an old AT&T account for $782.00

I am in the process of a case review with the Department of Treasury for validity of the debt and they took my $7,000 IRS tax refund to offset the debt. I had planned on using that money to pay off all of my credit card debt, start a savings, and increase the balance of my secured capitol one card.  I am extremely disappointed in everything that has happend and although I feel extremely discouraged I'm not gonna give up.

Starting Score: 548
Current Score: 601
Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT SEC $400; NFCU nCash Rewards $2500; Wal-Mart $300; Victoria Secret $490; JCPenny $303
Message 7 of 50
goldenyears
New Contributor

For me, February was uneventful, though my EQ fax score jumped from 618 on Feb. 3 to 628 at the end of the month.  This was a result of two inquiries falling off and two new non-secured cards posting to the CRs which had a positive impact on my utilization.  This was offset by an old collection resurfacing, booo.  I will be PFDing that one, in the coming month.

I was slacking for sure in February and did not send out follow-ups to PFDs and GW letters that did not get responses or were declined.  This month I will make it a priority to get those out.  I also have an appointment (this week!) to visit the law library at the courthouse where the librarian has offered to assist me with writing motions to vacate two of my three judgments.

I have also recieved two unexpected but welcome bonuses (and an additional short term contract)  from my current client - this has enabled me to meet the goals for my emergency fund and free up that monthly expense to put toward paying off lingering debt.  In March I will work through several strategies with the help of the score simulator to put this $ where I will get the most bang for my buck.  

I am optimistic about this coming month and have just finished reading all the 'happy dance' threads in the credit repair forum, they always give me a boost of motivation when needed. :-)

Starting Score: 523 TU: 3/15/2012
Current Score: 732 EQ 09/03/2014
Next Goal Score: steady 750 by Jan 2017

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 50
rbusch34
Established Member

Paid off 3 of my CCs and 1 Collection. Utilization went from 47% to 19%

Plan on paying off last CC and continuing to make payments on time. Looking forward to raising my score little by little.

Starting Scores: EQ 621 EX 613 TU 603
05/04/2013: EQ 701 EX 663 TU 720 lender pull
Goal Score: 750 Across the board
In My Wallet Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000 Macy's $800 Victoria's Secret $730 Express $500

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 50
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

My starting score for EQ last month was 528.. It is now 597 and growing!

$860 Midland- PAID 2-21

$436 Chase-PAID 2-11

Both have yet to update on my reports

$850 Kay PAID 2-22

$306 Verizon PAID 2-26

2 collections DELETED Currently have 0 showing on the EQ report

My only debt now is Bellco CU balance is $800 and I am waiting to hear back on a settlement offer

SO GLAD I AM ALMOST DEBT FREE Smiley HappySmiley Happy

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.