Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

May Check In Thread

tag
Mike_C
Administrator Emeritus

May Check In Thread

Good Morning Challengers!

As some of you may notice, I'm the new Administrator. Its been an interesting past month, so take a moment to thank KaLin and all the Mods for all their hard work during the interim. But it's May 1st, which means it's time for our fourth monthly check-in thread (though technically this is my first).

You've paid your taxes at this point, and some have already received a refund. How has the tax season affected your finances? Did April impact your goals, or are you happy for the new month and the new opportunities? Achieve any financial landmarks, or hit any dips along the way?

As always, let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2013? We're almost halfway done, so keep at it, and let's all cross together.

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here.

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: May Check In Thread

On track to meet my goal of IRS resolution this year.

Mortgage has to be pushed off to next year.

Have all the tradelines I need currently; so it's just a matter of patiently waiting and not doing anything stupid and only chasing a few SP CLI's for future underwriting goodness.

Boring update, but sometimes that's what's needed in one's FICO plan. Flatlined around 660 currently other than seeing what a maxxed out tradeline does to one's score. Round 1 down (to 646 and back), round 2 this month Smiley Happy.

Silly games to keep invested in my credit report. Hope everyone else is doing well in reaching their individual goals!

        
Message 2 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I'm broke but all the bills are paid!   Have a kid graduating high school this month and getting ready to start college.  Oh what hectic times.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 43
nickf4rr
Established Member

I'm doing quite well!  Trying to wrap up my old job before I take six months off to study for the CPA exam and re-start some of my own businesses.

One odd thing that happened:  An old BofA Platinum Plus card that went into a Payment Plan suddenly resurfaced as an active credit card after I paid it in full!  This is really great, since it's an old account...don't have to worry as much about AAoA dropping in the future.

I'm just waiting for one last TL to report PIF as well as some paperwork to delete a TL with a baddie before going to app for an AMEX card I'm lusting after. 

I'm tracking my score changes in a thread over here....no news lately!

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 43
LdyNRed

I just got approved for a mortgage!!! YES! I didn't think that was possible when I started this journey in January, yes you read that right! I don't even know what my scores were in January for sure but i know they were all below the 580 mark. My credit report work is almost done. I have obtained several new credit cards (I haven't had a credit card in 10 years!) and I have been approved for a total of $12000 in installment loans. I'm very thankful for this board and all the advice I've found on here from people who have done this before me. I'm even more grateful when I know I could have spent $$$ on having someone else do my 'credit repair' for me. I wish everyone a wonderful May!!!!

Starting Score: TU 674/EQ 603
Current Score: TU04 687/EQ 669/EX 640
Goal Score: 750 across the board!

Message 5 of 43
nickf4rr
Established Member

Woo hoo!  Congrats LdyNRed!

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Message 6 of 43
Ak19

Doing ok here. I just completed my student loan rehab 2 weeks ago an am waiting for the new lender to pick up the loans. I negotiated a PFD and I am waiting for that baddie to fall. I also paid down 1 CC down to $0. I think May will be all about patience as I wait for results : )

Starting Score: 526 Eq 528 Ex 574 Tu
Current Score: 599 Eq 591 Ex FAKO 610 Tu
Goal Score: 750

Message 7 of 43
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Just received my 2008 refund, waiting for the rest of my 2010 refund, and have to file my 2012 taxes (getting a refund).  But since I need to change of address, the IRS said to wait, because at filing time, they still owed me money from 2008 & 2010 & 2011.  So got two out of the three.  Thinking of biting the bullet and filing 2012 with a change of address despite that they still owe me some money.

Just learned that  I may take on four more dependents while my youngest is trying so hard to be financially independent in first year of college.

But no complaints - we work hard to be here.

lol - I did almost tell off a high pressured sales man and his assistant that it's hard to be cash only!  They both said, take out a loan, do the bill me later, take out a mortgage, write a check that would bounce, do a cash advance off of a cc, do a balance transfer from a cc, call someone for the money...and I said no.  I have no method to pay for the purchase, therefore I would not be purchasing.

Ya know, it takes some effort to be cash only!  They have no idea...

Message 8 of 43
jeremy032180
Established Member

I'm up to 655 (from 618 in February) on my Equifax.  Hoping it goes up a little more mid-month when my credit card statement posts at $0.00 balance instead of the $20.00 balance (300 limit) it showed last month.

Starting Score: EQ - 618
Current Score: EQ - 663 TU - 668
Goal Score: 750

Message 9 of 43
dallas06
Established Member

Its May 3rd and here's my May check-in.  My Credit score is 640 . My cc both have zero balances. I was able to put away $500 this month in a savings account. My goal is to save until I get $3000 and then borrow against it as a Personal Loan. I open my savings account with my Credit Union. I also was able to payoff and have a collection account deleted. I haven't applied for any credit since January. My May goal is to have my last Collection account paid and work on having it deleted. I think I'm on my way.

Thanks for the endless advise and support.  Back to the garden

Buying a house
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.