October 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Re: October 2019 Check In Thread

@GApeachy wrote:

@Lucifer wrote:

Well, well, well.

It's October 3rd and I still haven't has any beer this month.   This is a travesty.

That there is the WHOLE problemSmiley Tongue Gotta get them scores drunk!

Agreed !     

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 61
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@calyxhey hey hey that State Department Federal Credit Union 2% card plus benefits that resemble Infinite Cards! Would love to have it. Hear they are a tough master. Best Wishes as you move forward!

Thanks!  The app keeps tempting me, but I am not ready yet Smiley Wink

MdbcJkxJ.jpeg

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 12 of 61
jons998877
Regular Contributor

Rough few months for me, had a unexpected trip I took for a family emergency and had to pay off two medical bills to avoid collections.. Now everything I have is current and no chance of popping back up to bite me..

The downside is that I had to nearly max out my $4500 limits on 3 cards, somewhere around $4200.. 

So the good news is, my scores didnt really fall, all 3 still in the 640-648 range.. guess the lates aging and few things dropping off equalled things out.. But now I need to get back to near zero utlization..  Have about $1000 from umpiring I am getting soon plus working basketball games.. don't really need my credit score right now, but goal it to be paid off by Jan 1.. if not, tax refund will hit the rest..

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 13 of 61
brandonm
Valued Member

My scores have risen +129 EX, +135 EQ, +136 TU in the past 60 days. Since September, I applied for and was denied the Amex Gold card. Attempted recon, Amex stayed with their original decision. I applied for the Citi DC a couple of days after the Amex Gold denial, and was approved with what is now my highest CL. This will make it much easier to keep my Utilization down as I attempt to AZEO.

When DW and I paid off all of our credit card debt, I was originally worried the available credit would get the best of me once again. So far, I have been able to keep my impulses under control, and don't foresee any problems in the future. Thanks to all the MFs for all the lessons learned.

The best thing for my credit profile right now is time. Because of this, I plan to join the garden. Since my "rebuild" started two months ago, I have checked my Experian score first thing in the morning every day. I'm worrying about it too much, so I may have to take an "out of sight, out of mind" approach and take a hiatus from the forums, at least until it becomes something I don't think about at least once an hour. Undecided as of now.

Good luck to all others on their journey! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Short term goal, stay as app free as possible for as long as possible. Currently paying the piper for outbursts of credit activity. 

Message 15 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@brandonm wrote:

I'm worrying about it too much, so I may have to take an "out of sight, out of mind" approach and take a hiatus from the forums, at least until it becomes something I don't think about at least once an hour. Undecided as of now.

Good luck to all others on their journey! Smiley Happy

Good luck on the hiatusSmiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Short term goal, stay as app free as possible for as long as possible. Currently paying the piper for outbursts of credit activity. 

I'm with you on that!  Did something bad happen when you say, "Currently paying the piper"?  Is it your scores?  Mine are slowly rebounding from from my March-Sept Madness.  Gained a 4 pts. here and there; enough to encourage me to chillax and not app- at all.

Message 17 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I'm with you on that!  Did something bad happen when you say, "Currently paying the piper"?  Is it your scores?  Mine are slowly rebounding from from my March-Sept Madness.  Gained a 4 pts. here and there; enough to encourage me to chillax and not app- at all.

Nothing bad happened, but I do have 4 new accounts in 12 months. After December, that will drop to two new accounts. 

Message 18 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Gotcha, yeah...I opened 13 in 10 months. Riding a little on the ragged edge I guess.  That's why I'm hiding behind the Scarecrow in the Garden, dodging the AA Boogyman.

Message 19 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Gotcha, yeah...I opened 13 in 10 months. Riding a little on the ragged edge I guess.  That's why I'm hiding behind the Scarecrow in the Garden, dodging the AA Boogyman.

Eat your heart out, one more month in the Garden and all three bureaus will report no hard inquirys! Yeah!

Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.