Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2019 Check In Thread

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: October 2019 Check In Thread

@Anonymous wrote:
so if 610 is my new score... that's incredible!! Maybe all three of them are over 600 now?

I'll update on that one. Happy Tuesday!

That's awesome; welcome to the 600's!  If they aren't in the 600's maybe it won't be long, just don't let it bring you down. Time is a great tool, careful with those apps. (though I'm a tard of an example, be stingy)   kutgw!  Happy Tuesday back too!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 41 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LauraC thank you! I can't wait to see, I think it updates tomorrow...
Message 42 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Just checking in with the Challengers.   @Anonymous how did your scores do with the removal of that oldie but goodie that was falling off your report?

I'm not sure if I'm acting like a Challenger, I keep saying I'm not apping and then go and do it again.  My scores are hanging on, my last app net me my highest sl limit thus far.  It hasn't reported yet, kinda biting my nails.  I gave up on Gardening; it's like that other bad 4 letter word (DIET) and just triggers me to go against the grain. 

Good Luck Challenge Peeps! Stay dry if Nestor is visiting your neck of the woods.

Message 43 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Just checking in with the Challengers.  @Dinosaur how did your scores do with the removal of that oldie but goodie that was falling off your report?

I'm not sure if I'm acting like a Challenger, I keep saying I'm not apping and then go and do it again.  My scores are hanging on, my last app net me my highest sl limit thus far.  It hasn't reported yet, kinda biting my nails.  I gave up on Gardening; it's like that other bad 4 letter word (DIET) and just triggers me to go against the grain

Good Luck Challenge Peeps! Stay dry if Nestor is visiting your neck of the woods.

I know how you feel. I get my adrenaline rush by just doing a lot of pre-qualification offers and whatever insists that it's a "soft pull". It's terrible... I know. And I still don't qualify for anything lol.

Congrats on your new highest starting limit!! That's gotta be an awesome feeling! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my scores didn't update like I thought they would. So I'm still sitting at the same scores for now.

Perhaps they'll update after my Quicksilver statement cuts on 10/22! I'm so anxious to get into the 600s, that's the main thing stopping me from taking anymore hard inquiries.

I need to channel my inner @Dinosaur and try to go two years with no hard inquiries...

.... yeah... right. I'd be lucky to make it to January. Smiley LOL

Message 45 of 61
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Hello all!

I am back after a couple of years of progress and then 2019 has NOT been kind. I am back on my grind and need to figure out after paying 90% of the debt, how to get some of these late payments off and to rebuild back to my goals.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 46 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy... "Dinosaur how did your scores do with the removal of that oldie but goodie that was falling off your report?"

So far the scoring for FICO 08 has remained at 850 even though TU shows 14 years one place and 10 years another?! EX and EQ still show 18 years and still show 850.

Watching with "no poking the bear" Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Just checking in with the Challengers.   @Anonymous how did your scores do with the removal of that oldie but goodie that was falling off your report?

I'm not sure if I'm acting like a Challenger, I keep saying I'm not apping and then go and do it again.  My scores are hanging on, my last app net me my highest sl limit thus far.  It hasn't reported yet, kinda biting my nails.  I gave up on Gardening; it's like that other bad 4 letter word (DIET) and just triggers me to go against the grain. 

Update! The shoe dropped!!! My scores tanked from every direction ... the oldest account dropped after ten plus years of being closed going from eighteen years to fourteen years and my debt went from $15 to $690 dollars. Bottom fell out! After one year of 850 I am now lowered to 847 on FICO 08 and all the rest of my many various scores took big hits. Even have one score at 797 now! Time to jump, off the tallest building as it is over. Smiley Sad

Message 48 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Even have one score at 797 now! Time to jump, off the tallest building as it is over. Smiley Sad

It's NOT all over even though it stinks!Smiley Mad  But once that balance reports to 0 or near 0 it will hopefully jump back into 800-land.Smiley HappySmiley Indifferent

If not, lets go on an App Spree!  No telling what you'd get with those scores and no inquiries, hahahaha!

Message 49 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be lucky to make it to January. Smiley LOL

You and Me Both!  

Message 50 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.