Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Re: October 2019 Check In Thread

Well, my profile must be starting to max out.     Last months my scores ranged from 825 to 790.   This month it looks like they will range from 825 to 795.    Not at the goal yet but close.    Holding me back is a couple of new accts, a couple hard hits, and the dropping off of multiple long term old good accounts.    One other thing is a card at 40% (overall at 6).   I have no financial incentive to pay that balance down early as it is 0%.  That card is scheduled to be paid off by the end of the year.  It'll be interesting to see how it impacts the scores.   I'll still get all my scores over 800 - particularly when my new accounts hit the 1 year mark.

In the meantime, I have accepted my fate is to wait.

Ooooo that rhymes.   

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 51 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just started on the forums. Hi. Love all of the information that I have been looking at for the last year.

Purchased a second house just after I purchased a car last year. Buying furniture for the place on new credit cards lowered my FICO into the "good" range of 750ish. 

Have been slowly getting rid of debt as well as watching the time tic away on the new credit card checks/etc. FICO is now back in the 800s with Experian stating !?848?!

Hoping to clear most debt while still being an appropriate user of cards.

Thanks for all the help in your forums/hints/etc.

Message 52 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Forum!  Congrats on second home and those badtail scores! 

How's everyone else doing? 

I haven't app'd in three weeks...yay! (sounds rediculous)  So my scores are still the same, waiting on that last card to hit, hope it don't bruise me.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 53 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

In the meantime, I have accepted my fate is to wait.

Ooooo that rhymes.   

Poet and didn't know itSmiley Very Happy

Message 54 of 61
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Hello all,

I continue to wait out the 7 year purgatory. The good news is that my delinquencies are falling off, the bad news is that they are not falling off according to when the accounts were 30 days delinquent but according to when the delinquent accounts were first reported (sometimes at 60 or 90 days). The effect of this is that they may not be off my reports until May or June at the earliest, or even next fall, depending on how strings are treated. I was hoping for April, but c'est la vie.

As previously reported, gardening was paying off, and my scores rose to the 750 range. I celebrated myfico style by opening a CSP. Yay. It arrived on a Saturday and on Sunday I made a major purchase and achieved the SUB. Also yay. My scores dropped by around 5 points, knocking my median score below 750. Whatevs.

Finally, while looking for things to do, I changed the design of my Discover card from the flat grey faux metal to:

The design is very striking irl. I have no use for the card this quarter, but it's really pretty.

Message 55 of 61
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Booooooo  !

My F8's which are my focus for my goals ended the month at

796 and 795

I am on the freaking edge !!!!

Nov will see my utility go from 6% to 4% and my single card utilization go from 36% to about 24%.

We'll see in about 14 days if that was enough to get my F8's up over the finish line.   

In the meantime.....

Candy corn.   Lucifer likes to eat them upside down.   

Message 56 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

One more day left. Hoping to pick up a few points on TU. My HPs have made very TU angry. 

It probably wont happen till December, but whatever, girl can dream.  

I'd like them all to be over 770 before exiting the garden in the early spring (if I can make it that long) 

I sorely lack plan this time around, so only thing that has stopped me from new apps is knowing they would be apps for sake of apping. Creditholics Anonymous should be a thing   🤷‍♀️

Message 57 of 61
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Creditholics Anonymous should be a thing   🤷‍♀️

You form it; I'll bring the snacks!

Message 58 of 61
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

I'll bring the Apples   (which(in this case) is code word for alcohol).

@GApeachy wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Creditholics Anonymous should be a thing   🤷‍♀️

You form it; I'll bring the snacks!

Message 59 of 61
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

And really - we can't hit seven pages????

Have you seen the freaks on the Gardening page???

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.