Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September 2019 Check In Thread

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

September 2019 Check In Thread

download.jpg

I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have you progressed as far as you hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly checkins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself a kudo for having it all together.

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! 

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: September 2019 Check In Thread

I did not app last month and will not app this month.  My Exp is all over the place, everything little thing makes it bounce so I know it's gotta chill, so I put it on ice.  Froze all 3 cr's actually.  Carry on fellow challengers!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keeping tight to my goal of getting a Diamond and 24 months soon with no apps! Also, working the Fico 8 850 on all three bureaus.

Still waiting for the shoe to drop on my scores as an old account from 2001 drops off after the ten year time slot from 2009 close. The lender did drop from TU and the score held?  Smiley Happy

Will add, there are interesting cards in the market place but nothing I need or that would better my bottom line.

Seriously considering closing one of my banks from 15 years back as they have been a nuisance for all these years and today, I don't need all the credit I have or banks and they irritate me to the point of being a "Grumpy Old Man" Smiley Sad

Update: Closed the bank including a line of credit and credit card (total $12,000 in CL). Hard close as it has been thirteen years and knew folks in several branches but, they are all retired or gone. The bank drove me crazy with their various constantly changing policies and security. Offered everything the big banks do from outsourced providers that were not into customer service or competent. Did not want to leave but I started chewing on the desk edge every time I had to deal with one of their issues (must change login every three to six months and they kept track of the last five passwords, forced a change in security questions every six months and things like that along with little fees for everything). Got to me!

Message 3 of 57
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

Happy Pumpkin Flavored Everything Season Challenger Peeps !!!

My early FAKOs are rolling in at 799.   I'm at 8% util, no bads and one card at 48%.     We'll see how the FICO's treat me this month.  Last month I slipped to the low 780's due to a couple of old positive accounts aging off my reports.   I'm hoping to bounce back.   It's looking like the climb to the goal of 800 will be a little slower than I thought but that's OK.      Nothing special credit wise is going on for me until maybe the spring so until then it's Gardening and chatting with you fine folks - and online dating hahahaha (what an adenture that is !!)

Good luck in September everyone!    Remeber, good habits and time are always your friend no matter where you are in your journey (cue the journey music!).

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well LauraC

I apped 2 AMEX cards 1 for my business account (my very first business card). I so need to garden.
Message 5 of 57
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well LauraC

I apped 2 AMEX cards 1 for my business account (my very first business card). I so need to garden.

That's awesome!!!! Congrats, can you tell me what you got? and the sl?  That's just  super!!

Message 6 of 57
brandonm
Valued Member

I’m very excited about my progress this month. Last month, I mentioned a windfall that DW and I received. We used a lot of it to pay down our revolving debt, which was over 100% util. (We’re 21, and didn’t quite grasp the importance of credit until about a year ago, then it took us a few months to do something about it.)

My reports are showing a score change of +40EX, +34EQ, +20TU. (All Fico8). My utilization changed from roughly 105%, to 52%. Mind you, this is what’s showing on the reports.

In actuality, since I’m waiting for statements to cut and report, I’m at roughly 3% util overall, and 37.5% on my Bofa card. Why I left such a high balance on such a low limit, I have no idea. It’ll be a squashed balance soon enough, I’m not worried about it.

I’m glad I was able to see decent progress so soon, it’s motivating to me.
Message 7 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes business AMEX 10,000. Excited because it's my first business card.

AMEX cash magnet 4,000 SL
Message 8 of 57
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Lowes business AMEX 10,000. Excited because it's my first business card.

AMEX cash magnet 4,000 SL

Whoa!  Great limits, great cards.  For a first Business card, I'm impressed!

Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, just wanted to make sure I'm doing thus correctly
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.