Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September Check in thread

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

September Check in thread

The lazy, hazy days of summer will be coming to and end soon.  Now that the kids are back in school and football season is kicking off; have you met your goals? I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have we progressed as far as we hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule?

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. 

Did you hit any potholes or speedbumps? Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones?

Let us know how you're doing! What have been your biggest accomplishments and obstacles so far in the myFICO Fitness Challenge for 2014?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
diphendrix
Established Member

Re: September Check in thread

I must say this challenge has helped me.  And I am saying that because im the type of person that likes structure, i like little details, and this forum has helped.  From the posts, the challenge, even down to my signature showing my progress and achievments.

I was discharged from a BK in Feb 2014, and since then have made significant strides to rebuilding my credit.

Thank you myFico!!! Robot tongue

BK7 Discharge: Feb 2014 Starting Score: 579 Current FICO Score: 656

Goal Score: 660 short | 800+ long Goals Hit: 2 Active Cards: 6

Gardening Since: June 2014 Garden Goal: December 2014

Wish List: Chase Slate | Chase Disney | Discover IT | Barclays NFL Sig
CapOne QuicksilverOne : CL: $300CapOne Classic Platinum : CL: $300CapOne Sony : CL: $500J Crew : CL: $450Express NextVS Angel

Message 2 of 15
nvangel08

My Score has steadily increased since I started. It looks like making my goal is not that far off after all. I did notice however that it has slowed the last 2 months. Could I be reaching a plateau?

Starting Score: EQ:611 TU:609 EX:629
Current Score: EQ:666 TU:661 EX:648
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am closer than I thought to some of my goals.  Most of the credit cards are at a zero balance.  I have three big ones left.  I plan on having one paid off this year with the help of some extra money that is coming in this month.  I am using the method of targeting the smaller ones leading to the bigger ones.

Message 4 of 15
sarge12
Senior Contributor

First attempt at this

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decided to subscribe to myFICO to check my scores.  I have been relying on Credit Karma, Credit Sesame, Credit.com, Quizzle, etc.  I realize these are all FAKO scores but wanted to see if something was more accurate.  I do receive a Discover FICO and a Walmart FICO.  When comparing those to the results here, they are very close in alignment.  I hoping to pay down my cc debt of 12K.  I have a long ways to go!  I'm thinking about getting a personal loan to consolidate and then to pay it since it would have a lower interest than my cc's.  Good idea or not?  Welcome any feedback.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My previous screen name was pmac9827- has to change screen name due to join FICO.

I have been busy bee. I have done alot of repair work! Removed, updated and paid off some collection. It has been interesting seeing my score dip up and down over the past few weeks. At the end of August 29th I was able to apply for a mortgage so in that process now. But I haven't stop my quest for improvement. Everyone just stay encouraged. Write those Goodwill letters, get on the phone and talk with the creditors. A simple conversation with an OC got items removed from my report and other arrangements have been made for medical debt. My overall goal has change I was shooting for December to be mortgage qualified but with my lease expiring this month, push me to work hard at increasing my points. It is possible, really look hard at all three reports. Simply having a creditor updating an older closes account status from "Pays as Agreed" to "Paid and closed" will boost points at least in my case.

I am still at the begining of this FICO challenge until I learn to master managing  my credit. I will update soon with new scores!

Message 7 of 15
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Checking in late....

I've reached my score goals and am now focusing on paying off all my CC debt.  It's a slow (and painful) process but hopefully things will come together and by next spring I'll be CC debt free and will have a plan to buy a house.  Thank you, myFICO Fitness Challenge, and everyone involved for motivating me to achieve my score goals. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

First-timer, NEWBIE and excited about it!!!

Message 9 of 15
brooksbaby35
Established Member

Slowly but surely I am getting there.  Unfortunately, I am a victim of eminent domain.  Yeah the government or FAA wants my house that I've only had 6 years so I am trying to clean up my score so when we finalize the sell of my property to them, I can go through the process of getting another home without too many bumps in the road.  This time I will be going through USDA.  So for the past 2 years I have been really budgeting myself, watching my spending, making sure I stay on top of my current mortgage and planting seeds here and there.  What a difference!!!!! I am more budget conscious. And it has paid off in my scores.  It is a shame it took this eminent domain crap to make me realize how poor I was handling my money.  But you live and learn.  So please pray for me.  I am at the point where I can't "plant seeds" anymore because we are about to finalize... (I hope) and I don't want to apply for any new credit.  I pray I can get my score better within the next few months before I sign away my "first love" so I will ensure that I qualify for USDA.  I still have old collections but they are almost 6 years old.  If anyone has any advice for meeting qualification for USDA Guranteed, I would greatly appreciate it.  I will check the community as well.  I am so rpoud of myself thus far.  Thanks MyFico for keeping me on track.  Wish me luck, me and my little girls will need it!

Starting Score: EX=508 EQ=483 TU=507 ON 2/8/2012
Score 10/8/12: EX=542 EQ=530 TU=564. 11/28/12 EQ-595, EX-632, TR-592
Current Score 9/19/14: EX=633 EQ=660 TU=633
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.