Did you mean: 

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019!

2019.jpg

Happy New Year to the myFICO Forums Community!

Can you believe we’re entering our TENTH year of the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
If you have financial goals, the myFICO Fitness Challenge is the place for you!

What is the myFICO Fitness Challenge?
To take part in the myFICO Fitness Challenge, simply post an introductory note and state your financial goals for the coming year. Are you hoping to raise your FICO Score? Buy your first home? A new car? Get that coveted rewards card? Tell us about what you hope to achieve, and what reaching those financial goals will mean to you. As the year progresses, check back here to report on your progress, talk about hurdles you encounter, or simply reach out for support and encouragement from your fellow Fitness Challengers.

Monthly Check-Ins
To help you stay on track we encourage you to stop by for monthly check-ins. On the first day of each month, myFICO will post a monthly check-in thread for you to talk about your progress, successes, speedbumps, etc. Participation in these monthly check-ins is optional - but encouraged!

First time Challenger?
If you’re new to the myFICO Fitness Challenge, then welcome! To begin, set up your official  MyFICO Siggy signature on your Profile page (Go to My SettingsPersonal ProfilePersonal Information). Then just reply to this topic, telling us a little about your financial situation, your goals, and how you plan to achieve them during the coming year.

Returning Challenger?
Welcome back! Please be sure to update your myFICO Fitness Challenge signature ,so it directs to the current challenge. If you'd like, you can review 2018's challenge here.

Message 1 of 223
222 REPLIES 222
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge 2019

🙋🏽‍♀️ I'm in!
Happy to be at the starting line.
🏃🏽‍♀️
Message 2 of 223
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

My goal is to reach 700+ across the board by this time next year and purchase my first home.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

So diving into the Challenge for 2019... Looking to buy another car so want to bump up my score... Also looking to raise my CL on my credit cards and move utilization to 30%...

Message 4 of 223
Crysis
New Contributor

I'm taking up the gauntlet of repairing my credit.  I'm starting with abismol credit scores in the 470s and intend to get to the upper 500s by the close of the year.  

In the garden since 06 Nov, 2020. Plan to stay til March/April to get one more card for the AZEO, then garden for at least a year.
New acquisitions
Kohls 0/300 Nov2020
Capital One 25/300 0ct 2020
Message 5 of 223
sportsguy83
Regular Contributor

This is my first year participating and boy do I need to.  After spending 2014-2015 repairing my credit from multiple CO when I was young and stupid I almost undid all that hard work by racking up a lot of credit card debt in 2018 due to unforeseen circumstances.  Very frustrated with how I ended up here and I’m aware this will be a multiple year process to completely dig out of.

On the plus side (I guess) I only have 1 INQ and all the old derogatory credit did finally roll off my credit report so provided I can do what I need to do in 2019 it seems like my scores should increase as my debt and utilization lower.

Short term goals are pretty simple; pay down credit card debt, lower my utilization and prevent any accounts from becoming derogatory – the only account seen with a negative mark (apart from the high uti) on my report right now is my Target card which was 30 days late in 2018.

Down the road (6 months to 1 year) as my scores hopefully increase I would like to see what my options are for consolidating some of my debt (most of my cards are high interest) into an installment loan but I will cross that bridge when I am able to get to it.  Purchased a fresh 3B report today so I could be clear on what my scores are and I’m actually surprised they aren’t worse.

Beginning Rebuilding - February 2022

Current Scores - June 2023

Goal Scores - January 2024

Message 6 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to finally join.  I have always caught in the middle or at the end. 

I am looking to purchase a home soon. 

Message 7 of 223
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a few months into rebuilding. I'd like to continue that upward trend.

My goals for the year:
Garden until my inquiries and TLs reach a year old.
Enjoy another year without an auto loan.
Get my secured Discover card to graduate.

PC my QS1 (I know its a pipe dream) or give it the axe before the AF is due.

Pray for an auto CLI on NFCU card.
Get my foot in the door at Penfed.

App for 2nd NFCU card.
Break into the 700s with my FICO 08 scores.
Start a GW campaign for 2 year old lates.

Message 8 of 223
psylentj
Established Member

Hello everyone!

I just joined the site today and am glad I am going to try this challenge hoping I can learn a lot and want to buy a new car soon.

Unfortunately, in my younger years, I didnt pay very much attention to my credit and have handfull of old collection accounts I need to clear up.    I have been good a stopping myself from opening new accounts in the past several years other than one credit card I have been paying on regularly over the past year.   

I have an auto loan that will be paid off in February but am in need of a new car.    I still have a lot of reading to do on this site, but am happy I have found a great resource to learn from.     A lot of things I read here are foreign to me and not sure what all the different scores mean right now, but am excited to better my credit.

Starting Score:  EQ: 620    TU: 596    EX: 622    
Current Score:  EQ: 639    TU: 614    EX: 648    
Goal Score:      EQ: 810    TU: 800    EX: 815    

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 223
Dreams_Come_True
Regular Contributor

@psylentj wrote:

Hello everyone!

I just joined the site today and am glad I am going to try this challenge hoping I can learn a lot and want to buy a new car soon.

Unfortunately, in my younger years, I didnt pay very much attention to my credit and have handfull of old collection accounts I need to clear up.    I have been good a stopping myself from opening new accounts in the past several years other than one credit card I have been paying on regularly over the past year.   

I have an auto loan that will be paid off in February but am in need of a new car.    I still have a lot of reading to do on this site, but am happy I have found a great resource to learn from.     A lot of things I read here are foreign to me and not sure what all the different scores mean right now, but am excited to better my credit.

Good luck Smiley Happy!

Message 10 of 223
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.