cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 point decrease!!

Carmenrevelle
Established Member

40 point decrease!!

Hello, I have been cleaning up my credit to purchase a mortgage and have paid off all credit card debt which hopefully will reflect within the next 30 days. However, I called an removed dispute remarks from all credit bureaus and now my Fico 2 dropped 40 point!!! What could have caused the dropped? I thought disputes and remarks do not hurt your credit score? Any suggestions??? 

5 REPLIES 5
gdale6

Re: 40 point decrease!!

Certain aspects of an account are removed from scoring metrics when in dispute status, this is why mortgage lenders insist on nothing being in dispute so they can see your true score.

Message 2 of 6
Carmenrevelle
Established Member

Thank you 
I was so close to being at 620! Hopefully with my balances not reflecting paid yet, that will help with the score increase that I need. 

Message 3 of 6
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

@Carmenrevelle wrote:

Hello, I have been cleaning up my credit to purchase a mortgage and have paid off all credit card debt which hopefully will reflect within the next 30 days. However, I called an removed dispute remarks from all credit bureaus and now my Fico 2 dropped 40 point!!! What could have caused the dropped? I thought disputes and remarks do not hurt your credit score? Any suggestions??? 

Also, be sure you have at least one credit card account report a small balance before you pay it off. All zeroes can get you a penalty.

Total revolving limits 663000 (585000 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 716 TU 742 EX 713

Message 4 of 6
Carmenrevelle
Established Member

Thank you, I have all but one reporting zero and it has a $100 balance that's being reported. 

Message 5 of 6
Blue_Collar
Regular Contributor

@gdale6 is correct...

Have one account, my oldest shows in dispute although there is no dispute, can yo yo balance and will not budge score.

Stolen card number, new card and number change, issuer posted dispute at time.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.