Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

66 Points Score Loss

tag
kah-pas
New Contributor

66 Points Score Loss

Last month my score dropped 20 points for I've taken a 60 months personal loan with the WF>
This month my score dropped further 44 points for the overall debt use ratio has increased to 25%.
So, from 747 to 683. (EX via AMEX, TU via Capital One, both scores are identical ATM)
-- $5,332.00 use out of $21,200.00 total CL
-- $20K new loan
-- and yes, the AMEX Platinum balance (not included in the utilization ratio) went up for $4K

I'm wondering if a 64 drops was to be expected? And I guess, once I pay those balances (but keep the personal loan) the score will go up for almost the same?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: 66 Points Score Loss

That is a big drop.  You sure nothing else changed on your CRs?

Once your balances go down, your score will start to rise.

Once your balances are where they were your score should be close to where it was.

Once your balances are lower your score should be higher than what it was.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@kah-pas wrote:

Last month my score dropped 20 points for I've taken a 60 months personal loan with the WF>
This month my score dropped further 44 points for the overall debt use ratio has increased to 25%.
So, from 747 to 683.
-- $5,332.00 use out of $21,200.00 total CL
-- $20K new loan
-- and yes, the AMEX Platinum balance (not included in the utilization ratio) went up for $4K

I'm wondering if a 64 drops was to be expected? And I guess, once I pay those balances (but keep the personal loan) the score will go up for almost the same?

What score?

And where are you getting it from?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 6
kah-pas
New Contributor

TU from AMEX; and no, nothing else but what I posted above has changed.

Message 4 of 6
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

@kah-pas wrote:

TU from AMEX; and no, nothing else but what I posted above has changed.

The TU from Amex is not your actual fico score.  You need to pull your actual reports for your true fico scores. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kah-pas wrote:

So, from 747 to 683. (EX via AMEX, TU via Capital One, both scores are identical ATM)

DTI does not impact FICO scores; the FICO algorithm can see your debt, but it does not consider your income, therefore DTI cannot be determined or influence scores.

Your EX score from Amex is a Fico score, but the TU score provided through Amex is VS 3.0... the same as Capital One's VS 3.0 weekly provided score.  The only relevant score of those 3 is the EX Fico 8 score provided by Amex.  Completely ignore the TU VS 3.0 scores, both provided by Amex and Capital One.  Those will match if they're pulled [at the same time] using the same report data, but they aren't meaningful scores since 99% of lenders won't ever use them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.