Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A couple questions

*I am confused on a couple things and didn't feel they needed different threads so I am just going to throw them in this thread. 

1) I keep seeing aayo (I believe that is the right one) listed for a nice point increase when it is 12 months. I have seen multiple amounts stated 10 to 20. Does it always happen at 12 months, the reason I ask is because my aayo doesn't reach 12 until June, and I just gained 10 points on my fico, and I can't figure out why.

2) Why would my score be higher the worse my account gets? For example, I have several medical collections (EQ- 4, EX-9, Trans-11). My score is lowest on my EQ, and goes up on the other two with more accounts. I would list the scores, however I just got a 10 point increase and I am waiting for 4 more days to be able to pull my updated 3 bureau report from experian site.

3) More on that 3 bureau report, is it simply just a buggy service normally, or maybe I just was unlucky with the reports they pulled. Either way, my experian report was flawless (Not surprising), however Tranunion had a lack of information on my payment history (all of it) and on my collections accounts (it listed them but didn't give ANY info on them), Finally my Equifax report was not even what I would call a report. Nothing on it was or is accurate. First of all, they say I was born in the wrong month, day, and year (not sure why?), in addition to that, they show no addresses I have ever lived at (I believe they show an address but can't remember which one), lastly they show my student loans as closed...? (I am so confused and when I ask for help from experian, they say to contact equifax. When I contact equifax they say to contact experian.)

4) I was reading on here last night and I saw someone posted there score in the signature and I am confused. It said very good on some of the categories for scoring but some of them said exceptional...? I had no idea exceptional was even an option, on the experian creditworks premium, is exceptional an option, or is very good the highest? If exceptional is an option then how do I get exceptional on things?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A couple questions

My comments below in blue.

@Anonymous wrote:

*I am confused on a couple things and didn't feel they needed different threads so I am just going to throw them in this thread. 

1) I keep seeing aayo (I believe that is the right one) listed for a nice point increase when it is 12 months. I have seen multiple amounts stated 10 to 20. Does it always happen at 12 months, the reason I ask is because my aayo doesn't reach 12 until June, and I just gained 10 points on my fico, and I can't figure out why.

Abbreviations like AAoA, AoOA, AoYA etc. involve each letter standing for a word.  Thus AAoA (for example) stands for Average Age of Accounts.  I believe you are intending to ask about Age of Youngest Account (AoYA).  Is that right?  aayo does not correspond to any scoring phrase.

There is a known breakpoint of 12 months where one realizes a scoring change (usually an improvement).  There may be a breakpoint at 3 months and/or 6 months.  A breakpoint at 10 months is a bit unlikely -- so what ever change you experienced is a bit more likely to have been caused by something else.

2) Why would my score be higher the worse my account gets?

Which account do you have in mind?

For example, I have several medical collections (EQ- 4, EX-9, Trans-11). My score is lowest on my EQ, and goes up on the other two with more accounts.

When you say "score" where are you getting your three scores from?  Is it a myFICO 3B report?  Somewhere else? 

There are many possible explanations.  Your EQ report might have a more serious delinquency on it than do the other bureaus.  Severity of derogs matter more than number of them.   Even if that were not the case, the EQ profile could be worse in some other way than the other bureaus -- the CC balances reporting might have been worse, for example.  Or the age-related factors might be different.  Etc.

I would list the scores, however I just got a 10 point increase and I am waiting for 4 more days to be able to pull my updated 3 bureau report from experian site.

3) More on that 3 bureau report....

Can you clarify which 3-bureau report you are talking about?  Is it from myFICO?  Some other third-party tool?

... is it simply just a buggy service normally, or maybe I just was unlucky with the reports they pulled. Either way, my experian report was flawless (Not surprising), however Tranunion had a lack of information on my payment history (all of it) and on my collections accounts (it listed them but didn't give ANY info on them), Finally my Equifax report was not even what I would call a report. Nothing on it was or is accurate. First of all, they say I was born in the wrong month, day, and year (not sure why?), in addition to that, they show no addresses I have ever lived at (I believe they show an address but can't remember which one), lastly they show my student loans as closed...? (I am so confused and when I ask for help from experian, they say to contact equifax. When I contact equifax they say to contact experian.)

I suggest that you pull your full credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com.  You can get all three there for free.  I suggest you do so on the same day that you pull the 3B report using whatever tool you are using to get that 3B report.  If you get the ACR reports within an hour of the 3B, the ACR reports should be drawn on the same data.  Compare the reports (EQ ACR vs. the EQ from the 3B, TU ACR vs. the TU from the 3B, etc.) and see if the ACR reports are very different.

4) I was reading on here last night and I saw someone posted there score in the signature and I am confused. It said very good on some of the categories for scoring but some of them said exceptional...? I had no idea exceptional was even an option, on the experian creditworks premium, is exceptional an option, or is very good the highest? If exceptional is an option then how do I get exceptional on things?

I would ignore words like Good, Very Good, Exceptional, Poor, Fair, etc.  Those are categories that the person who created that credit monitoring service made up (often very arbitrarily) -- they were not created by FICO.  I suggest you focus on the score.  If you want help at improving your score, you can head over to the myFICO rebuilding forum and they will help you.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My comments below in blue.

@Anonymous wrote:

Abbreviations like AAoA, AoOA, AoYA etc. involve each letter standing for a word.  Thus AAoA (for example) stands for Average Age of Accounts.  I believe you are intending to ask about Age of Youngest Account (AoYA).  Is that right?  aayo does not correspond to any scoring phrase.

There is a known breakpoint of 12 months where one realizes a scoring change (usually an improvement).  There may be a breakpoint at 3 months and/or 6 months.  A breakpoint at 10 months is a bit unlikely -- so what ever change you experienced is a bit more likely to have been caused by something else.

Ah I must have been mistaken then. I kept seeing a scoring boost and all those were mentioned so I thought it was about the aaya. I do wonder what caused my score jump then, my utilzation is exactly the same, my negatives have all reported for the month (each collection has updated is what I mean),  my school loans updated like normal, the only thing that is different is my most recent account (which I thought was aaya) hit 10 months.

2) Why would my score be higher the worse my account gets?

Which account do you have in mind?

Specifically the collection accounts, each bureau has a different number and the more I have listed on there the higher the points.

For example, I have several medical collections (EQ- 4, EX-9, Trans-11). My score is lowest on my EQ, and goes up on the other two with more accounts.

When you say "score" where are you getting your three scores from?  Is it a myFICO 3B report?  Somewhere else? 

I got it from the experian creditworks premium subscription.

There are many possible explanations.  Your EQ report might have a more serious delinquency on it than do the other bureaus.  Severity of derogs matter more than number of them.   Even if that were not the case, the EQ profile could be worse in some other way than the other bureaus -- the CC balances reporting might have been worse, for example.  Or the age-related factors might be different.  Etc.

I guess I can't say for sure, cause I can't really tell if they are reported in a worse way on each different bureau, all I can see is that they are all medical collections and they all do the same thing monthly (update that it has remained unpaid, and adds interest on the ones adding it. My accounts are with 4 bureaus and 2 of them add interest monthly.

I would list the scores, however I just got a 10 point increase and I am waiting for 4 more days to be able to pull my updated 3 bureau report from experian site.

3) More on that 3 bureau report....

Can you clarify which 3-bureau report you are talking about?  Is it from myFICO?  Some other third-party tool?

Experian creditworks premium

... is it simply just a buggy service normally, or maybe I just was unlucky with the reports they pulled. Either way, my experian report was flawless (Not surprising), however Tranunion had a lack of information on my payment history (all of it) and on my collections accounts (it listed them but didn't give ANY info on them), Finally my Equifax report was not even what I would call a report. Nothing on it was or is accurate. First of all, they say I was born in the wrong month, day, and year (not sure why?), in addition to that, they show no addresses I have ever lived at (I believe they show an address but can't remember which one), lastly they show my student loans as closed...? (I am so confused and when I ask for help from experian, they say to contact equifax. When I contact equifax they say to contact experian.)

I suggest that you pull your full credit reports from AnnualCreditReport.com.  You can get all three there for free.  I suggest you do so on the same day that you pull the 3B report using whatever tool you are using to get that 3B report.  If you get the ACR reports within an hour of the 3B, the ACR reports should be drawn on the same data.  Compare the reports (EQ ACR vs. the EQ from the 3B, TU ACR vs. the TU from the 3B, etc.) and see if the ACR reports are very different.

I probably will pull my report from there, I am actually expecting a big change in June, so I am waiting to pull the free one until June. However, I should be getting accurate information since I am paying for the report from experian.

I would ignore words like Good, Very Good, Exceptional, Poor, Fair, etc.  Those are categories that the person who created that credit monitoring service made up (often very arbitrarily) -- they were not created by FICO.  I suggest you focus on the score.  If you want help at improving your score, you can head over to the myFICO rebuilding forum and they will help you.

I don't put much stock in those, I was just shocked to see there was an exceptional since I hadn't seen it before. While I don't focus on those to much (I focus more on the score since that is what really matters) I still do like to have the it say the best it can.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized why I was confused on the 10 points. I normally do azeo method, and this time I have my main card that always posts a balance, plus two more posted balances. So 3 out of 4 of my cards have a balance, (my utilization is still 8% total) however I would normally expect a 9 to 10 point drop when I have had this happen. Whenever I go from doing azeo to two or more reporting a balance I see a signifigant drop, but this time I seen a 10 point increase. (which is odd)

Message 4 of 6
DollyLama
Established Contributor

The aging of accounts, is at one year which you definitely will see a big boost,  I recall over 20pts on mine. 

Just going on my experience, How old was your oldest account last month(count closed ones also), and Average Age of Accounts? 

If it's on a cusp of say 5 yr 5 months on Average, and went to 5 yr. 6 mos, you may have hit a threshold bump on average age. Or your oldest if in double digits around 15 years? 

I normally would state look at utilization, but you already covered that. As accounts age, and patience is a big virture here, collections/charge offs, although still affecting score, does so a bit less. If any bureau, ex the one with only 4 accounts in collections are medical and under $99, Fico 8 ignores. But does affect mortgage scores.

*Note, absolutely do as Credit suggest about obtaining both annual report and 3B, that one file almost appears it belongs to another person, date of birth and addresses off, or it is possible a split file. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DollyLama wrote:

The aging of accounts, is at one year which you definitely will see a big boost,  I recall over 20pts on mine. 

Just going on my experience, How old was your oldest account last month(count closed ones also), and Average Age of Accounts? 

My oldest account last month was, 9 years and 5 months, so only went up 1 month. (in fact it hasn't aged up yet to 9 years and 6 months. It won't go up until the 20th) The average age of my accounts was 6 years and 2 months.

If it's on a cusp of say 5 yr 5 months on Average, and went to 5 yr. 6 mos, you may have hit a threshold bump on average age. Or your oldest if in double digits around 15 years? 

I normally would state look at utilization, but you already covered that. As accounts age, and patience is a big virture here, collections/charge offs, although still affecting score, does so a bit less. If any bureau, ex the one with only 4 accounts in collections are medical and under $99, Fico 8 ignores. But does affect mortgage scores.

I only have 1 medical collection that is under 100, (not even sure what the point of it is tbh, it is for 68...?) I guess it doesn't matter they reported it though if it is ignored. However that one is not on the report with 4 collections.

*Note, absolutely do as Credit suggest about obtaining both annual report and 3B, that one file almost appears it belongs to another person, date of birth and addresses off, or it is possible a split file. 

This could be true and I will be checking the free one against the paid one. I actually already knew something was wrong with my report about a year ago, however I didn't have time to wait on hold for hours. Last year when I pulled my free annual report, on my equifax report (the one with all the inaccuracies, I found a different social attached to it instead of mine. I did try and get it sorted but I didn't have time)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.