Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D120 Drop - Point Increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

D120 Drop - Point Increase?

Hi,

On another thread a poster mentioned how a D120 is almost equivalent to bankrupcty in terms of lost points. They mentioned you don't really get the points back until 7 years later. As of February of next year it will be 7 years from my last Deliquency according to my Experian report and TU clears in October of this year.

How many points should I expect to get up? Attached is a screenshot of my current scores direct from the bureaus (not CK) and my current credit card utilization is 37% but should show as 1% once they update in May.

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 11.27.01 AM.png

So I should be at 700+ in May - And after the D120's drop off how much should I be at? 740-750?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: D120 Drop - Point Increase?

BK's and 120D lates aren't the same, AFAIK they segment scorecards differently.

Anyway it depend what else is on your file to really make a good guess, but if it's your last negative and you have solid positive history it will probably be significant.

        
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final major negative being removed?  From what I've seen personally on my file as well as reading on this forum, you'd expect to see gains in the range of 60-70 points on average, with 50 points and 80 points being the book ends that IMO wouldn't be crossed either way.  I don't think your 740-750 from the hip guess is too far off if it were to come off today.  Add to that another year of aging and depending on what else you've got going on with your file (how much you app between now and then etc) you could even see 760-770 FICO 8 scores.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks BrutalBodyShots

With that kind of score I should be able to get good CLIs (hopefully) . Right now I'm at about 25k and my goal is 50k. After that a mortgage should be very possible.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.