Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AAoA

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I was under the impression that 3 yrs 6 mos is a threshold.

I sort of was too, which is why I asked the OP if he saw any gains at 42 months.  Hopefully he'll report back, as I'm curious.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS My recent testing indicates '98 and '04 algorithms don't award AoYA awards at 12 months, on my profile, anyway. So I was wondering if you received any points at 24 months.

Back to the drawing board!
Message 12 of 19
CreditSage
Regular Contributor

My credit profile has been fluctating too much from utilization to be able to track if that threshold caused a gain - sorry I couldn't provide a better data point. 

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 13 of 19
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@CreditSage wrote:

My average age of accounts in 3 years 6 months. Is there a threshold (say 4 years) that once I pass my score will jump up? 

My most recent new card is 1 year four months. Is there a threshold (say 18 months) that once I pass my score will jump up?

It took me a long time to notice, but I seem to get FICO 8 AAoA bumps every six months. Some of my other scores don't budge when these thresholds are crossed.

My Transunion 04 (FICO 4) Auto jumped by 15 points recently, likely due to AAoA. I'd say that's pretty unusual, though, and certainly impossible to predict.

Message 14 of 19
CreditSage
Regular Contributor

Are all tradelines included in AAoA (including for instance, car loans)?

Current Open: NFCU AMEX $6,800 CL | Chase Freedom $3,800 CL | QS1 $1,300 CL | BankAmericard $24,000 CL (AU) | NFCU SSL $3,000 |
FICO 8 EXP, EQ, TU: 675-715 (depending on Utl.) | AAoA 3 Years 3 Months | AoYA 0 Months

Closed: American Honda Finance Installment $16,000 paid satisfactorily | Capital One Secured $700 paid satisfactorily | Wells Fargo credit card $3,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015) | Bank of America credit card $1,000 paid charge off settled less than full amount (badie 2015)
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditSage wrote:

Are all tradelines included in AAoA (including for instance, car loans)?

Yes, each counts exactly the same as any other.

Message 16 of 19
Medic981
Valued Contributor

I was researching AAoA and found this tidbit on credit.com. 

AAoA.JPG

It just confused me even further.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a BS chart above.  I'd be closer to "fair" than "excellent" if we went by that.

Also, those factors point to the age of credit history sector of the Fico pie, which is estimated to constitute 15% of one's Fico score.  That's not the slice of the Fico pie that we should be looking at when talking a 100-150 point span between two scores when trying to evaluate "fair" verses "excellent" credit when Payment History and Amounts Owed combined are good for nearly 5X what age of credit history makes up. 

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I call BS on that chart too.
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.