Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AU Question

Hello all Smiley Happy I am new here and have been scanning the boards for an anwser with no luck yet. Thank you in advance if you have an opinion or an anwser to share with me on this one.

I am trying to rebuild my credit .. scores are currently  TU 571, EQ 559, EX 588 a way to go I know ..

My mother was willing to add me to her credit card as an Authorized User but the CC company only asked for my name. Is it possible for them to add her account (and good credit  history) to my credit report with only my name? And if this is not possible am I allowed to call them myself and ask that they update my Credit History or is this something they do not do?

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU Question

Welcome!

I suggest you have your mother call the credit card issuer and first ask if they report AUs to the 3 credit bureaus.  If they don't, it's a waste for you to be added.  If they do, you will need to give your SSN so that the account appears on your credit report.  Your mother will need to call them (some credit card issuers let account owners do this online) to give your info to get authorized user status; they're not going to just take your word that she has approved you!

Once you've been added, make sure she continues to have a good payment history by always paying on time.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply and warm welcome! I will have her call and ask if they report. Thanks so much!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome!

I don't know if you plan to use the card also, but make sure that your combined charges amount to a low utilization of the credit limit each month.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.