Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU Scoring Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AU Scoring Question

@tmr: By that definition, length of credit encompasses all aging attributes. How long is probably used with installment loans. How long since last use would go to dormancy I would think. But when I see one number for length of credit, I think it’s tantamount to AooA.

I still think it’s possible that the time since dirty caused the disparity at TU 2/1 due to different scorecards with different AooA. I would posit that you did not get score bumps at six years AooA at EX and EQ due to the Dirty possibly. This would also explain the disparity on 2/8. You were rebucketed twice this month and the second time you were penalized at TU due to AAoA being under two years, in addition to two years less on AooA. Whether you crossed an age threshold is irrelevant because you were rebucketed due to going clean.

It’s also worth noting that there may be differences in breakpoints between bureaus when it comes to installment loans. We know the algorithms are tweaked at each bureau, so we’ve got to expect some difference.
Message 11 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@tmr: By that definition, length of credit encompasses all aging attributes. How long is probably used with installment loans. How long since last use would go to dormancy I would think. But when I see one number for length of credit, I think it’s tantamount to AooA.

I still think it’s possible that the time since dirty caused the disparity at TU 2/1 due to different scorecards with different AooA. I would posit that you did not get score bumps at six years AooA at EX and EQ due to the Dirty possibly. This would also explain the disparity on 2/8. You were rebucketed twice this month and the second time you were penalized at TU due to AAoA being under two years, in addition to two years less on AooA. Whether you crossed an age threshold is irrelevant because you were rebucketed due to going clean.

It’s also worth noting that there may be differences in breakpoints between bureaus when it comes to installment loans. We know the algorithms are tweaked at each bureau, so we’ve got to expect some difference.

OK so...  All of that makes perfect sense and seems highly likely.  Lol.

Thank you for the insights and taking the time to break it down!!   I'll continue to monitor things as my accounts age and make note of stuff...     

Appreciate the discussion Smiley Wink

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tmr: Totally my pleasure, I’m learning by trying to go through the process of deduction on your situation, so it’s helping me to learn too. With that said, there may be others definitely more qualified than me that may have better insight than me. But, I have definitely enjoyed the discussion as well, and I look forward to seeing what happens as your profile continues to age.

Speaking of which I have an AU account I still have to test.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.