cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO does not work for me... Must be in some rebuilder bucket?

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

AZEO does not work for me... Must be in some rebuilder bucket?

Both my Wife and I experience 12 point on average declines when we make sure that we are reporting a small balance on one card.  If we can push a payment through on time however and a card reports $2k (still under 10% UTI) we get a 12 point boost across the board.   We have CA's and CO's from nearing 6 years ago and both have perfect history since mid 2016 when we both got NFCU secured cards.   Scores have risen from 400 to low to mid 600's.

Anyone else experience this?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AZERO does not work for me... Must be in some rebuilder bucket?

That's not ever been my experience, at least ever since I've been tracking my score. I also don't have any negatives, so that may be a factor.

Practicing AZEO I hover about just under 800, while I'm generally in mid 700s when carry high balances.

Message 2 of 21
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Both my Wife and I experience 12 point on average declines when we make sure that we are reporting a small balance on one card.  If we can push a payment through on time however and a card reports $2k (still under 10% UTI) we get a 12 point boost across the board.   We have CA's and CO's from nearing 6 years ago and both have perfect history since mid 2016 when we both got NFCU secured cards.   Scores have risen from 400 to low to mid 600's.

Anyone else experience this?

You would never experience a boost from reporting a larger balance, unless the smaller balance was being reported as zero.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your card with a balance a major bank card? Anecdotal evidence seems to say it needs to be, and that reporting a balance only on a store card does not work as intended.

Just throwing an idea out there.
Message 4 of 21
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is your card with a balance a major bank card? Anecdotal evidence seems to say it needs to be, and that reporting a balance only on a store card does not work as intended.

Just throwing an idea out there.

It happens every time.  The cards in question are NFCU cards with an $8k limit for me and a $15k limit for her. 

She has three cards reporting.  NFCU Amex $15k, NFCO GoRewards $2k, Secured FNBO $1k and a $3k CLOC  

Right now she has a $26 balance on one smaller limit card and dropped 11-15 points when the balance of $2100 on the Amex was reported as paid.  The prior month when the last payment was not credited before statement cut, FICO's raised 11-15 points.  She has $21k in revolving credit lines.  So when she has 11% UTI report, her scores go up.  It has to be a bucket thing.  Remember there are CO's and CA's that may be influencing this right?

And my scored do the same thing.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regardless of bucket, higher utilization isn't going to mean higher Fico scores.  The only asterisk to that rule is 1%-8.9% utilization as opposed to 0% utilization... reported we're talking, of course.  If you have 1%-8.9% reported utilization and raise it to > 8.9% reported utilization your scores cannot increase.  If they are increasing, it's due to something else.  The only other possibility as mentioned upward in the thread is that if you are using card(s) that aren't being "counted" by the algorithm and thus are being hit with an all zero (no revolving credit use) penalty.

Message 6 of 21
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Regardless of bucket, higher utilization isn't going to mean higher Fico scores.  The only asterisk to that rule is 1%-8.9% utilization as opposed to 0% utilization... reported we're talking, of course.  If you have 1%-8.9% reported utilization and raise it to > 8.9% reported utilization your scores cannot increase.  If they are increasing, it's due to something else.  The only other possibility as mentioned upward in the thread is that if you are using card(s) that aren't being "counted" by the algorithm and thus are being hit with an all zero (no revolving credit use) penalty.

I do not understand it but it is happening.  One such drop on MF had these two succesive notations in same alert where EX dropped 10 points:  

"The total balance on all your Bankcard account(s) has decreased by $2296. This change applies to the sum of all Bankcard balances."

• Total Balance
  • $43,814.00 ----> $41,518.00

The above figures take into consideration CA's and CO's when in reality, with open accounts, balance had decreased to less than 1% for "open accounts".  It is obviously looking at this as though I have $41,518 of about $73,000 outstanding or 56% UTI rather than about 60%.  Currently have $31.5k in open CLs

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're falling prey to one of the #1 misunderstandings on this forum, that MF "alerts" are related to the score changes provided.

That's not the case.  Alerts are simply that a change was made on your CR.  The score you're provided with at the time doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the alert reason(s).  I can assure you 100% this is the case given the information you've provided.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes your utilization is counting the CO and CA, no doubt. I don’t know if they count as accounts with a balance considering they are not open and active.

Which card had the small balance when you experienced the drop?
Message 9 of 21
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

NFCU Flagship, $8k limit balances of $25-70.00 on three different occasions seemed to trigger a score drop.  On a few occasions when my last payment, one made to get below 1%, did not post in time I actually saw a higher score.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.