Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Historical Data Suppressed

tag
credit8502020
Established Contributor

Account Historical Data Suppressed

Hi All! I have been trying to get Discover to remove late payments from 2018.

I received an updated credit report from Equifax with the following details: Additional infomation has been provided from the original source regarding this item. Historical account information was deleted from this account.

THE FOLLOWING FIELDS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED: *BALANCE *DATE OF LAST PAYMENT *ACTIVITY DESIGNATOR

*ADDITIONAL INFORMATION *ACCOUNT HISTORY.

Under Additional Information it reads: Account Historical Data Suppressed

For a Charge Off that is due to be removed in January 2021, it also mentions the following: 

Historical account information was deleted from this account. THE FOLLOWING FIELDS HAVE BEEN MODIFIED: *ADDITIONAL INFORMATION *ACCOUNT HISTORY.

What actually happens when account historical data is suppressed and how does it impact your score, etc.?

Thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account Historical Data Suppressed

It depends.  If the data omitted includes the negative information that you're looking to have removed, you're in a great place; those negative items will no longer be visible on your CR and will thus not be factored into your Fico scores.  Data from accounts can be left out for any number of reasons, often just improper reporting or CRA handling of the data, so history gaps aren't a big deal at all IMO.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit8502020 yeah that's my question does it still show chargeoff for payment status? Or was that also deleted?

Message 3 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It depends.  If the data omitted includes the negative information that you're looking to have removed, you're in a great place; those negative items will no longer be visible on your CR and will thus not be factored into your Fico scores.  Data from accounts can be left out for any number of reasons, often just improper reporting or CRA handling of the data, so history gaps aren't a big deal at all IMO.

@Anonymous Thank you for your feedback. It does not show the chart any longer which previously showed 3 late payments. Now it shows Account History with Status Codes: 10/2018 and 1 for the 1 30 day late. I was wondering if the suppression is something that is temporary or if it is actually deleted for good. I'm going to pull all 3 of my reports again to see if it's showing up. I didn't want to think it was definitely removed and then it pop back up when I'm ready to apply for a new card, etc. My Mother is also on this account so if they've removed mine, I'm hoping I can use my new report to get them to quickly remove hers as well. Also just checking because my score hasn't changed on Equifax if in fact the other 2 lates were removed. 

Message 4 of 6
credit8502020
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@credit8502020 yeah that's my question does it still show chargeoff for payment status? Or was that also deleted?

@Anonymous The Discover still shows as Pays as Agreed. I'm paying back about $3200 and was working to get lates removed from 2018. The AMEX still shows as Charge Off Status and still has the chart from 2/2014. Date of 1st Delinquency is 2/2014 so hopefully it will be removed before Equifax's 1 month early exemption time frame.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit8502020 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous The Discover still shows as Pays as Agreed. I'm paying back about $3200 and was working to get lates removed from 2018. The AMEX still shows as Charge Off Status and still has the chart from 2/2014. Date of 1st Delinquency is 2/2014 so hopefully it will be removed before Equifax's 1 month early exemption time frame.

@credit8502020 well in my opinion you can't 100% consider it permanent you just have to hope. Just like they changed it now, they can change it again, but if they have no reason to do so I don't see why they would. 

if the payment history now shows paid as agreed and previously showed the level of delinquency, I would think you should've realized an improvement unless the chargeoff is preventing it.

I wish you success with American Express As well. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.