Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding collection from 2014

tag
Inscorehell
Valued Member

Adding collection from 2014

If a collection account is entered today with a DOFD of 2014, is it scored like a current collection or one with some age?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Adding collection from 2014

@Inscorehell wrote:

If a collection account is entered today with a DOFD of 2014, is it scored like a current collection or one with some age?

Status date is what Fico looks at so if it reports today it looks brand new and is scored in the worst possible light.

Message 2 of 3
2b2rich
Established Contributor

Re: Adding collection from 2014

@Inscorehell wrote:

What gdale6 said, but I will add that the only 2 things I can think of that a DOFD is used for is 1- how long before the bureaus will stop reporting the collection, and 2- how long before the SOL expires.   Like gdale6 stated, the status or updated date will hurt your score the worst.  A collection company will sometimes not do anything for awhile and just as your score might improve a little, they will hit it with another update and tank it again.

I think they do this to get people to pay the collection. 

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.