Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Zero Dollar amount

tag
ccquest
Established Contributor

All Zero Dollar amount

I know I've been saying for awhile that best is AZEO with a non-$0 balance reporting on that last one.

Decided to test it with my BoA card this go around and leave just over $1 to report. It is the only card with a balance currently and I maintained my FICO 8 on Experian. Not sure what would happen if it was even lower than the $1 (and that probably depends on the bank policy too, I know some forgive it).

image.png

And always worth mentioning, unless you're going for new credit or care about watching your scores all the time...no reason to go crazy about AZEO as utilization is temporary and can be corrected when that credit seeking time comes.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: All Zero Dollar amount

@ccquest wrote:

I know I've been saying for awhile that best is AZEO with a non-$0 balance reporting on that last one.

Decided to test it with my BoA card this go around and leave just over $1 to report. It is the only card with a balance currently and I maintained my FICO 8 on Experian. Not sure what would happen if it was even lower than the $1 (and that probably depends on the bank policy too, I know some forgive it).

image.png

And always worth mentioning, unless you're going for new credit or care about watching your scores all the time...no reason to go crazy about AZEO as utilization is temporary and can be corrected when that credit seeking time comes.

$1 is not a safe amount.  It may be recognized as zero.  You need to have > $5, preferably at least $10 or $20.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ccquest wrote:

image.png

Pretty neat that you tested it with a $1 and it worked!

$0.99 wouldn't have worked because the CRAs only report balances in integers or whole number format. It would be $0.

(Link to confirmation from FICO)

A $1.99 balance would also show as $1.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also keep in mind that a $62,500 CL tradeline may be "ignored" from utilization by some scoring models, another reason that it may not be a "safe" AZEO account. 

Message 4 of 7
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I tested AZEO a few years ago when my scores were in the low 700s. I would consistantly lose 18 points if I let all my cards report $0 versus one card reporting $3. Yes, as soon as I would allow one card to report $3, I would get my 18 points back.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 5 of 7
ccquest
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@ccquest wrote:

image.png

$1 is not a safe amount.  It may be recognized as zero.  You need to have > $5, preferably at least $10 or $20.

From everything I've seen mentioned the amount gets truncated so anything over 99 cents should be recognized as not $0. This tested that.

@Anonymous wrote:

Also keep in mind that a $62,500 CL tradeline may be "ignored" from utilization by some scoring models, another reason that it may not be a "safe" AZEO account. 

It's my overall limits, this card is just shy of $19k.

@jamie123 wrote:

I tested AZEO a few years ago when my scores were in the low 700s. I would consistantly lose 18 points if I let all my cards report $0 versus one card reporting $3. Yes, as soon as I would allow one card to report $3, I would get my 18 points back.

For me it's been 16 points up or down, close enough!

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well done @ccquest ! And keep in mind readers, it’s not revolving utilization/percentage that invokes the all zero penalty; its revolving balances at $0.

As shown by this experiment, as long as it’s $1, apparently you’re good. (As long as the lender does not report $0.)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.