Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alright, somebody explain this to me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, somebody explain this to me...

I told you all that I GW'd some 30's and a 30,60,90 last month. Well, my FICO was 602 (Eq.) then, and today through AMEX CreditSecure I saw that the 30,60,90 GW WORKED!!!! It's completely off. Well, the score at CreditSecure shot up to 664. I was completely ecstatic, so I came over and used a ScorePower to get the REAL FICO score. Friggin' 594, and it's showing the 30,60,90 as being gone. The last activity on that account was 2 years ago, and it updated to this month, which (I guess) is the reason for the 8 point drop. But why no big score jump b/c of the 30,60,90 deletion?

What gives?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alright, somebody explain this to me...

@Anonymous wrote:
I told you all that I GW'd some 30's and a 30,60,90 last month. Well, my FICO was 602 (Eq.) then, and today through AMEX CreditSecure I saw that the 30,60,90 GW WORKED!!!! It's completely off. Well, the score at CreditSecure shot up to 664. I was completely ecstatic, so I came over and used a ScorePower to get the REAL FICO score. Friggin' 594, and it's showing the 30,60,90 as being gone. The last activity on that account was 2 years ago, and it updated to this month, which (I guess) is the reason for the 8 point drop. But why no big score jump b/c of the 30,60,90 deletion?

What gives?

Dang TSM, I feel your pain. Why don't you compare your new CR to the old one just to ensure that something else isn't going on. That ought to have been worth some nice points for you. Break out the magnifying glass and figure out what's going on.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alright, somebody explain this to me...

I don't think its the updated date. Today, DW has a baddie Verizon acct (that always refuses a PFD) that just updated with a CO listing on TU for January after 18 months of being asleep. I was afraid that event would trigger a score change. So, I pulled TU. It shows the update, but the score remained the same as it did on 2/1.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.