Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator

tag
checkach
Established Member

An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator

Lately I have accummulated quite a bit of credit card debt, and now it's time to pay up.  My score is currently 689, (down from 739) partly because of high utilization.  The FICO score simulator estimated that if I pay off all my revolving credit, my score would rise to 699-739.  So I paid all of my cc debt (still have an auto loan and a heloc) down to zero.  Let's see if score simulator is right.  Here are the (former) balances and the credit limits.

Orchard Bank CC  BAL - 839/ LIM 900

US Bank CC  BAL 4041 / CL 4500

Citibank CC BAL 7369 / LIM 10000

Amazon CC  BAL 1700 / LIM 2200

I wonder how long it will take.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
teachag89
Established Member

Re: An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator

You should have an answer after each of those accounts reports (a day or two after the statement closing date).  I would like to know what your results are, also.  Wishing you the best- good luck!

Message 2 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Im curious as well to how accurate the simulator is... Please keep ut posted Smiley Happy i would expect a significant increase since those ccs u paid off were showing high util that has now gone to zero. Great job Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Moved to understanding FICO scoring.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
imovinup
Regular Contributor

IM curious also , it gives such a broad range its sometimes almost like a huge guesstimate

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 5 of 8
bfranklin825
Valued Member

I would love to know how correct that simulator is. If it is actually close I might tailor my plan to it Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 667
Current Score: 719
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
checkach
Established Member

Well, payments posted to all credit card accounts by the end of June, but not a single one has reported to the credit bureaus yet, not even the ones with a statement due date between the payment and now.  I really want to refinance before the rates go up any further.  Will the rapid rescore work if the credit card companies haven't reported yet?  Does the rapid rescore seek the latest balances, or just take what is currently on the report and recalculate the score?

I wish I was a more patient person...

Message 7 of 8
checkach
Established Member

Re: An Experiment - How Accurate is the Score Simulator - Update

I finally let the lender pull my score, and even though statement dates passed, the original balances were still reporting. After a rapid rescore, here is where I am:

My fico EX 706
Lender pull fico EQ 734

Hmmmmm
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.