Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another AU topic only slightly different

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another AU topic only slightly different

With so many question and threads on this topis, I don't recall what possible cons there are for an established profile to be added on less etablished one. I have a family member on a few acounts to help boost their score, and was wondering how it would affect me if I became an AU on a basically new account of theirs?

Been thinking about this to help meet the SUB on a new Card that's being considered, but he can't quite meet it on his own.

Yet I'm woried it will act as a new account etc. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another AU topic only slightly different

It should go from the date the account was opened so if it’s been over 12 months it won’t put you in a new credit scorecard, but it will affect your average age of accounts if it’s not caught by the anti-abuse algorithm on V. 8.

Please note there are some lenders like American Express that won’t backdate. so it depends on the lender but most use the date it was opened.

It will count full Monty on the older scores so you can bet it will affect your ages there.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another AU topic only slightly different

Also be aware if it does count on version eight and it goes to zero you will suffer the no revolving balance penalty. Just like you would if all yours reported zero.

Also be aware you can do this and six months from now remove yourself and dispute it off your report reversing the effects.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.